College Hazing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our university banned initiations because of hazing. Our rugby team always took it too far (drinking vodka out of a sheep's head etc). We used to have 'team bonding' where we did dares and what we considered tame stuff but I think some of it might have been uncomfortable for some of the girls. One girl was required to pretend to pee like a guy in the mens bathroom (and that was a tame one)
Yeah I always hated doing anything. We just had stuff like "get a cheer photo with an authority figure" and there was always a task that involved getting the boxers from an American Football player...

When I cheered at college here we had Initiation at the start of every year and the Freshmen had to make a cheer uniform out of trash bags to wear to the bar and club we were going to. There was a list of challenges and things to do too. Most college athletic teams here have some form of Initiation.
I guess this is kind of similar to hazing then?

It's not "kind of similar" to hazing, it IS hazing.

This website is a GREAT resource for your hazing questions and concerns:
StopHazing.org -- "Educating to Eliminate Hazing"

Our university banned initiations because of hazing. Our rugby team always took it too far (drinking vodka out of a sheep's head etc). We used to have 'team bonding' where we did dares and what we considered tame stuff but I think some of it might have been uncomfortable for some of the girls. One girl was required to pretend to pee like a guy in the mens bathroom (and that was a tame one)
completely irrelevant, but the sheep's head part really confused me until i saw where you're from! i was wondering where exactly someone would causally get a sheep's head hahah

completely irrelevant, but the sheep's head part really confused me until i saw where you're from! i was wondering where exactly someone would causally get a sheep's head hahah
What makes it even more normal in relation to the sheep was that we were in Wales, which is a country traditionally associated with A LOT of sheep.

When I cheered at college here we had Initiation at the start of every year and the Freshmen had to make a cheer uniform out of trash bags to wear to the bar and club we were going to. There was a list of challenges and things to do too. Most college athletic teams here have some form of Initiation.
I guess this is kind of similar to hazing then?

That is 100% hazing and if someone wanted to fight it in court, there could be major reprocusions.

Back