Heeling Help?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 27, 2010
Does anyone have advice I can give my flyer and stunt group to help her from heeling? As a backspot I feel powerless to do anything but remind her to stay tight and then catch her when she falls. It's in 2 leg extension!
Thank you!

Make sure the bases have a good grip on the heel, and that they are pushing through their shoulders.

If you have a frontspot, maybe get them to try pulling the heel down whilst lifting supporting the bases, so not like pulling the stunt down just trying to make it level if that makes sense?
Also tell the flyer to pretend that she reaching for her favorite thing, money or a world ring or something, so she has to squeeze real tight to get it. Works for me lol!

I have a flyer who heels all the time too, lol. What works best work our group is I (main base) pull down on the flyer's toe. There's only so much you can do when you push up on the heel, so this helps get the flyer back to a flat foot.

Also, try telling your flyer to stay on her toes. If she heels a lot, telling her to think about her toes might help her be more aware of her foot positioning.

Tell her to squeeze her butt and her abs. Tell her to image that there is a million dollar penny between her booty cheeks and to squeeze those superrrr tight and to keep her body centered!!! Make sure the bases have a good grib on her toe and heel too and that they aren't toeing or heeling her themselves! Toeing is always better than heeling btw!

Back