OT Help An Animal Shelter In Need... Urgent!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 19, 2009
I hope I'm allowed to post this... I know gofundme pages have been a touchy subject in the past but this is not for a single personal cause, but for an animal shelter in desperate need.

tumblr_ngp0r46zu81qzckgao1_1280.png

Shelter Evicted For Christmas!! by Anna Pec - GoFundMe

Almost three years ago, I adopted my chiweenie, Lulu, from an adoption event at my local Petco. The shelter she came from was Cache Creek Animal Rescue. At that time, their only location was in southern Illinois, and the owner of the rescue would make the 5-6 hour drive up to the Chicago suburbs a few times a month to bring some of their pets to adoption events. I’ve been following the shelter since I picked up Lulu and it’s so clear they care so deeply for the animals they are saving. They are a no kill, non for profit shelter, and they also operate one of the few low cost spay neuter clinics in southern Illinois. They usually have over 150 animals in their care at any given time.

Cache Creek recently opened a shelter in my hometown, and now they are facing eviction. This shelter runs entirely off of donations and volunteers, and they need help. Their go fund me page has more information about what happened:

"Friday I receive an opened certified letter that we did not sign for. It is an eviction notice. My homeless animals and my extended family will be homeless for the holidays. No later than January 10th we are out. With no location and no money we get to spend our holidays wondering what to do. I am at a loss as to what to do. There is no reason given but the landlord was being sunmoned because we do not gave a permanent permit. An architect will not do a rendering because of our hot water heater placement, our drainage system, we are not ADA compatable, our parking lot is notproperly marked. Due to these issues we cannot get a permit."

Please help in any way you can… These poor animals don’t deserve to be displaced any more than they already are. If you can’t donate, please spread the word to help them.

Have you tried reaching out through facebook or tumblr? facebook especially. local shelters pages are really good for stuff like that

Back