Help! I need help with chant

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 9, 2022
Hello everyone, I am a recreational cheer coach and I need help coming up with a chant.
I would love to be able to use my parks name Mount Carmel in it.
Any help, pointers, and advise to greatly appreciated!

Basically, for sideline chants, you just want to encourage the crowd to yell along. If your team prefers to cheer facing the players, something that is very simple but carries well is the key.

One of my best tips for coming up with chants that make sense is to line up your words and however many times you plan to do them with counts (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8). In the end, you should end on an 8 (it's okay if each repetition is 4 counts and you do it 4 times, for example). When choosing words, you can try the classic "Hey Fans" or "Go (insert colors)," or "Who Are We -- Mount Carmel." Or just "Mount Carmel Defense/Offense Fight". If you clap, clap in between words (syncopate it), not on the words, because you want your words to be heard.

If you need a longer quarter/halftime/show-off cheer, the format of repeating it twice, call-and-response style ("If You've Want to Win, You've Got to Yell ___" with mascot or team name the first time and colors the second time usually works. Or you can always do the spell-out.

Back