High School Help me stop resisting!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 24, 2024
hii

my bases have been telling me that in extensions and during our bump downs i resist them and they have to force my feet together. i've tried to fix it but haven't entirely. i dont feel the resisting, but they do. any tips to prevent this?

A strong core/strong abs will help you stay tight, thus not resist the bases. You can google exercises; Planks, v ups, crunches, sit ups, squats, wall sits, etc.

As an athlete and coach, my programs always taught flyers to think of squeezing the insides of their knees and their big toes together. Squeeze like you're trying to leave little bruises. It may not ever be 100% perfect, but this helped our flyers so much in learning to keep their own feet mostly together so bases can focus on grips. Ask if your backspot could give you reminders (like "knees!" right before you dip for an extension, for example) or help drive your ankles together a little more!

As an athlete and coach, my programs always taught flyers to think of squeezing the insides of their knees and their big toes together. Squeeze like you're trying to leave little bruises. It may not ever be 100% perfect, but this helped our flyers so much in learning to keep their own feet mostly together so bases can focus on grips. Ask if your backspot could give you reminders (like "knees!" right before you dip for an extension, for example) or help drive your ankles together a little more!
thank you i'll deff talk to my back!

Back