OT Help Me!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 30, 2010
This weekend I was supposed to compete at Battle but that isn't going to happen. I have a concussion and both of my parents are against letting me do anything until my head is feeling better. I asked them if I could just go to watch but honestly my family can not afford it at all. I feel like I am letting my team down. What should I do? I feel like my health is more important but at the same time that team is like my family and I don't want to let them down.

Could you possibly room with someone? You would not have to pay to get in. I know I have taken a cheerleader with me when they could not go!

The only problem is that everyone on my team is either leaving on friday morning or friday right after school and I have a neuroscan on friday at 4:30 that can't be rescheduled.

Your health is definitely more important. Unless a doctor has released you after a concussion, you are not allowed to compete.

That is what my parents say but I still feel like im letting my team down. Should I send out an email or something explaining the condition in which I won't be there? I'm lost at this point on what to do.

If you are having a scan, (and even if you weren't) your health is way more important. It will be your coaches job to inform the team why you are not there. As dissapointing as this is...it is not the first time it's happened to a team and unfortunately it won't be the last. It is better you take care of yourself so you CAN cheer again. Good luck with the scan and get well!

That is what my parents say but I still feel like im letting my team down. Should I send out an email or something explaining the condition in which I won't be there? I'm lost at this point on what to do.

Make sure your friends and coach know. They'll understand.

if you haven't already done so, you need to contact your coach ASAP. Or given the seriousness of the situation in that you will be missing a comp, perhaps your folks should call to explain the medical necessity. But again - as soon as possible. As important as a comp is, a concussion is nothing to mess with. Stay home and take care.

Thanks and I talked to my coach on tuesday evening so she already has a replacement for me.

Back