Help With Lib Extensions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 4, 2011
My middle school team that I coach are learning one legged stunts. They muscle the libs up instead of it just being a straight shot. Once they get up there and are sturdy they can hit aerobesuq stretches you name it.. are there any words on encouragement or tips I can tell the bases to make sure they just shoot her up there solid?

heres a video
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dm8aWe1fW3I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The bases need to use their legs and not muscle it up with their arms! Also the flyers should push off and stand up fast. Make sure they dont roll their ankles around and tell them to help out the bases by lifting up. They will get there!! Just need more practice:)

They need to start in a squat and use their legs to propel the flier upward. As your legs straighten, your arms straighten. As you are standing straight, the flier is at the top.

you should tell the bases to use their legs to stand up not muscle it up with just their arms. the way the bases set before going up (hunched over, head down) is only making getting up harder. the flyers need to push off the bases shoulders more then stand up & lock their leg faster. also when hitting their libs tell the flyers to pick up their legs more so that their left foot is glued to their right knee. :)

The bases need to use their legs and not muscle it up with their arms! Also the flyers should push off and stand up fast. Make sure they dont roll their ankles around and tell them to help out the bases by lifting up. They will get there!! Just need more practice:)

Thank You ! - They just started and are already doing libs and hitting heelstretches and aerobesques !

ivy8h5.jpg

24y8mc9.jpg

Yayyy!! Thats awesome how fast they are progressing! Goodluck to them and you this year:) (tell the girl in the heelstretch to hold her foot instead of her ankle and fix her high v!!)

Thank you so much, her felxibility isnt really there yet she knows she has to hold her foot but she cant get it so I keep telling her to take baby steps and reach farther and farther everytime. I cant believe how flawless the aero is though. But of course that was after they spent too much time trying to fix it lol

Thank you so much, her felxibility isnt really there yet she knows she has to hold her foot but she cant get it so I keep telling her to take baby steps and reach farther and farther everytime. I cant believe how flawless the aero is though. But of course that was after they spent too much time trying to fix it lol
Ohh gotcha makes sense. Yes that aerobesque is gorgeous!! What gym and team are they?

The main bases look a little scared of the stunt itself, just make the the use their explode through their arms and extend as they extend they lock their arms out. Make sure the bases are chest to chest not hips to hips.

The bases look like they are fighting against each other and stepping out rather than together.
Tell them to think of going up as one solid unit to create a strong pillar underneath. Or to put it more lightly they should be smelling each other’s armpits ;-)

Ahhhh, my Senior 2 are pushing for Senior 3 by the end of this season... they have the same problems though, hitting prep level and then muscling it up. I've even stepped in to base and backspot and it's like I'm stunting on my own! They've spent far too much time doing prep level libs to comprehend going any higher. Luckily, this is pretty new to them too, so maybe once our season starts again in a couple of weeks, they'll pick it up quicker.

Back