Help !

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 6, 2013
ok so i go to my cheer/gymnastics every week i have to be able to throw my back handspring bymyself for high school cheer tryouts this spring !!! my coach knows i can do it bymyself i know i can its just i have to have him there with his hand just under me to do it he barley spots. yet when he says to do it on my own i can get ready to throw it but i am way to scared to do it bymyself how do i get over the fear factor of this whole thing

im sorry i have A.D.D writing and words get scrambled and im working on it gymnastics is just how i focus all my extra attention . ill try harder next time. im sorry
You're fine. I had no trouble reading your post. As for the back handspring problem: Be confident!!! If your coach says you can do it then you can! Your coach wouldn't tell you to do it if he thought you would get hurt. I had the same problem with round off back hand tucks. Stay confident, you got it girl!!!

im sorry i have A.D.D writing and words get scrambled and im working on it gymnastics is just how i focus all my extra attention . ill try harder next time. im sorry
You're fine! It just really bothers me when people don't capitalize stuff.
I don't think your coach would have you do something if he didn't believe you could do it! But you probably just have a mental block, the link I gave you should help with that! I had one on RO BHS tucks and sometimes it just takes time to get rid of it. If that's not the problem, you might just need to get more comfortable with it. Have him keep spotting you on it and you will get it eventually! You just need to be confident, and doing it over and over will build muscle memory to help you feel more confident.

You're fine! It just really bothers me when people don't capitalize stuff.
I don't think your coach would have you do something if he didn't believe you could do it! But you probably just have a mental block, the link I gave you should help with that! I had one on RO BHS tucks and sometimes it just takes time to get rid of it. If that's not the problem, you might just need to get more comfortable with it. Have him keep spotting you on it and you will get it eventually! You just need to be confident, and doing it over and over will build muscle memory to help you feel more confident.
Thank you!

You're fine. I had no trouble reading your post. As for the back handspring problem: Be confident!!! If your coach says you can do it then you can! Your coach wouldn't tell you to do it if he thought you would get hurt. I had the same problem with round off back hand tucks. Stay confident, you got it girl!!!
Thank you and he wants me to try im just mentally mind blocked

You can do it!!! I'll see if I can find what my little girl (she is 7) wrote to a team mate on facebook who is blocking!! My cp was also blocking and this is what she feels helped her the most!!

Ps. She wrote in there she was blocking for 2 days- it was more like a month. Lol

y6esy5ub.jpg

Latest posts

Back