For Parents Hey Parents... Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Former gym owner turned school coach and now all star cheer mom... My daughter was born on these boards, and now she's in her first year of real, elite all star and a little tumbling machine.

I've been here since ProX days, but I lurk mostly until I come out during Worlds weekend full force and abandon my family and all responsibilities. Being on the mom side sure is different. I paid FORTY DOLLARS to watch my kid this weekend... My first time paying to get into a competition. No access to placements or scores... It was brutal. I'm not sure I'm cut out for this guys.

Haven’t been in here in awhile! Used to read everything posted lol i joined when CP was a tiny, she’s a Y1 now and alternate for a J3 (she had her choice but wanted at least 1 year in an elite Y1)

She went from being “meh I like it” about cheer to needing to be at the gym every day lol in fact, she’s joining the new A&T team her gym is starting this week!

Awesome to read all these great stories.

Tell your friends... let's crank this place up for 2022!

I’m late but that should be a surprise to no one. I’m not super active anymore but my “Droplet” was quite literally raised on Fierceboard and my tribe of lifelong cheer friends who have kept me alive for 11 seasons of this nonsense 😉 was formed here. We started our cheer life in the Midwest but now live in the Raleigh, NC area.

It’s hard to believe, but we are in our final few years of allstar now, since that little mini aged kiddo I showed up here with is now 16 and a sophomore in high school.

Droplet has been on all levels and in all age groups but most recently has called the small senior 6 division home. She came up through the youth 5 and junior 5 (6 now.. but we didn’t call it that back then) divisions and is still a tried and true gym rat. Cheer has been her whole life since kindergarten.

I am a former professional athlete and coach of a sport that is basically the polar opposite of cheer (I retired when we moved) and am currently working as a paralegal while working toward a law degree.

Just found this board as I was looking to see what other half year prep programs are like. My daughter has cheered two seasons of rec cheer and this is her first time doing a half year prep program.

Welcome... welcome... glad you both are here! Don't forget... tell all your cheer friends to come join the community!

Hi! It doesn’t look like this thread has been too active lately, but thought I would still introduce myself. I have a s6 athlete in GA about to finish up her 9th season. I was actually searching online for stunt fest info in Daytona this weekend and it brought up this site so thought I would join. 🙂

Last week I was looking for some info on something and got a link to FB...hadn't visited in a while so I was shocked to see changes and activity! I've been around here for a bit...but not too terribly active. CP is done with all star and high school...now she's off to college and still cheering. To get my comp fix I started working comps on occasional weekends (or every weekend of December). If you happen to be at a comp and the announcer has a pretty substantial beard...it's probably me...come say hi!
That's quite a surprise when you stumble upon changes and activity on Facebook after a while! It's wonderful to hear about CP's journey and your involvement in comps. If I spot the bearded announcer, I'll be sure to say hi!..

Let's get the conversation going with some simple introductions. Tell us about yourself.

Good Day Hello GIF by Mickey Mouse

I'll start.

My wife and I are actually gymnastics coaches. We have 3 children that are all gymnasts. I took over this site as I am a huge forum junkie. I also run ChalkBucket.com (gymnastics community). ChalkBucket has many parents who have athletes that transition to all-star cheer. This site is a perfect place for them to continue with all the fun that forums are!

Also... I am here to learn. While I have coached quite a bit of tumbling to cheerleaders back in the day... that is my only experience. I am looking to learn more about cheer as we all move into the future.

Please remember... this is a public site... so only post what you want everyone to see.
Hi! I’m not a cheer parent … anymore. I’ve been a member here a long time, as well— mostly as a lurker. I check in when I get an email to because I like to see what’s happening in the world of cheer. I’m a mom of 3, and I had one daughter who cheered for her school (I was her squad’s coach). Then I judged school and all-star cheer for 5 years—I retired from that 7 years ago.

Wishing everyone the best as you gear up for a new season—Cheers! 😃📣🎀

Reactions: JBS
Back