OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
In other news- Naked Smoky is super awesome and I am 100% obsessed. The brush it comes with is to dieeeee for. I've used the pallette every day since I got it and don't think I'm going to switch it up soon at all! Gorgeous colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got it from Ulta today-I had $50 worth of points built up, so I spent $4.34 total. I can already tell that black market and armor together is going to be one of my favorite more dramatic combinations. I'm excited about the brush! Armor itself actually is just gorgeous, as well as dagger, smolder, high, and radar. I read a review that said it seemed like they changed the formula and that they liked it even better than the old one, so I hope that that's true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opinions on Lorac pro palette? I have naked 1 and 2 but I really wish I had more matte shades. Is it worth it?
I have pro 2 and I like it. I'm thinking about getting the first one because 2 is more cool toned. I still use it though. Lorac has a pro matte palette. It doesn't have as many shades as pro or pro 2. I think it's worth it.

Anyone considering buying the Jaclyn hill becca cosmetics highlight. I'm considering it, but it's so expensive for a highlight, idk.

Opinions on Lorac pro palette? I have naked 1 and 2 but I really wish I had more matte shades. Is it worth it?
I just got the Lorac Skinny palette in "black" and it's seriously perfect!! 5 matte and 2 shimmer shadows in very neutral tones. And it's only $15!!! I think it's only available at Nordstrom so you'd have to order it (they have free shipping), but I just got mine in the mail today and I'm madly in love with it

Love love love the Pro 2. They're both amazing quality I just prefer the colors in the second. They're a little soft so tap off the excess or you'll end up with a lot of fallout(i just do my eye makeup first to avoid fallout from any of my palettes).

Eta: as another poster mentioned, they came out with a limited edition matte palette and it has the same amazing quality as the Pro palettes but it's all matte and $28 instead of $42

Last edited:
It's a good thing my brother lives in Seattle now... The colours in the Pro 2 look nice, but there is no way in heck I'm going to spend $79 on it, since Sephora doesn't carry it.
Are you talking about the Mega Pro? Yeah it'd be hard to justify that mostly because it would be nearly impossible to travel with. But I was talking about the second pro palette! Same price as the first, just different colors.

Top is the pro 2 and bottom is the original!
f79e778d1f239e8fc10d2a8f6b2c8550.jpg

I wish I were talking about the mega Pro! The ones you posted are $79.99 Canadian from CanadaBeautySupply, and while they're "only"$54 or so Canadian from Amazon, the shipping and duties and all that stuff makes it closer to $80.
the mega pro isnt worth the money in my opinion, one of my friends has it. for starters the four white shades you cant even tell the difference between them once on the skin, plus in my opinion there is a good three of four different shades that have almost exact duplicates in the palette.

I need some makeup help. I usually just wear winged eyeliner and mascara everyday. The most makeup I'll wear is for comp when I blend my eyeshadow and wear red lipstick. I want to try and get an eyeshadow palette for special occasions and I was thinking about one of the naked palettes. Although I don't know which one or if I would use it enough for the price.

Also does anyone have any tips on foundation? I have really bad dark circles 24/7 but for some reason not even BB cream looks good on me. My skin is mostly clear but anything on top makes the acne I do have look really bad instead of covering. Anything I wear looks cakey and ends up looking worse than just my regular skin.

I wish I were talking about the mega Pro! The ones you posted are $79.99 Canadian from CanadaBeautySupply, and while they're "only"$54 or so Canadian from Amazon, the shipping and duties and all that stuff makes it closer to $80.
Omg I couldn't do that[emoji15] isn't Revlon fairly expensive in Canada too?

I need some makeup help. I usually just wear winged eyeliner and mascara everyday. The most makeup I'll wear is for comp when I blend my eyeshadow and wear red lipstick. I want to try and get an eyeshadow palette for special occasions and I was thinking about one of the naked palettes. Although I don't know which one or if I would use it enough for the price.

Also does anyone have any tips on foundation? I have really bad dark circles 24/7 but for some reason not even BB cream looks good on me. My skin is mostly clear but anything on top makes the acne I do have look really bad instead of covering. Anything I wear looks cakey and ends up looking worse than just my regular skin.
(double post sorry)
I would look into one of the Naked Basics or the Tarte showstopper palette is really nice because it comes with 6 neutral eyeshadow, a blush, the matte park ave bronzer, and a highlighter.

As far as foundation, I would look into the Clinique acne solutions BB cream. It's a little runny but gives great coverage and looks nice on skin. If you're looking for more coverage I would try the Clinique Beyond Perfecting foundation. I mention Clinique because their foundations are really good for sensitive/acne prone skin.

Anyone find any loves from the Nordstrom anniversary sale?
The Lorac Skinny Palette in black is my new obsession and I'd recommend it to anyone. I got the Laura Geller Eye Dew cream shadow stick trio, but they're a little more shimmery than I'd like. I'm keeping them though because I struggle to find good cream shadow sticks, rather than cream shadows in pots. I got the Mac look in a box kit with the mascara/pencil/and gel liner too but I haven't decided if I'll keep it. It's a good price and staple products for me, so I probably will, but I feel a little guilty about spending so much on makeup at once.

Non makeup favorites from the sale-
Zella live in capris (everyone needs these), Caslon long sleeve tees, and a new pair of Nikes. I also got a few of the Kate Spade polka dot coffee tumblers and matching phone cases for Christmas presents for my friends.

I'm happy I was able to stock up on basics, but overall I was slightly disappointed in the sale this year. My birthday is Sunday, and my present every year is that my mom lets me choose a few things at the Anniversary sale. This year there just wasn't a whole lot that jumped out at me. Maybe it's because I've shopped this sale too long and lots of the items repeat every year so I didn't feel the need to buy them again? I've loved the North Face fleece pullovers, Longchamp expandable, Paige jeans, Barefoot Dreams cardigans, etc in the past. They stock those items every year, so maybe it all felt too familiar and thus underwhelming? I'm not sure what it was, but this year just didn't wow me.

Latest posts

Back