High School High School Cheer Costs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can't believe what some pay for high school cheer. Our breakdown is
$65 per season to the school district for registration.
$300 for tumbling from September to April
$60 per season for bows,comp shirts, etc
$80 for a 3 day NCA speed camp at a local university.
So $640 for the whole school year. The school owns the uniforms and warmups are under a $100 if you are a freshman or new to the school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe what some pay for high school cheer. Our breakdown is
$65 per season to the school district for registration.
$300 for tumbling from September to April
$60 per season for bows,comp shirts, etc
$80 for a 3 day NCA speed camp at a local university.
So $640 for the whole school year. The school owns the uniforms and warmups are under a $100 if you are a freshman or new to the school.

I agree with you.

My athletes would be out $200 a year, but they want to go to nationals so they have to pay for it,

At least with all star cheer you can shop around. We have zero choice about the high school situation. My daughter chose not to cheer sophomore year and I doubt she'll cheer senior year. I'm glad because the costs are out of control. For the record, every cheerleader has paid whatever extravagant amount I posted earlier in the thread. My daughter is on varsity, but JV paid the same. We've not been told what the fees for the competition team will be...and she is on that as well. I don't agree with the. It's, but I don't see what power I have to change them.

At least with all star cheer you can shop around. We have zero choice about the high school situation. My daughter chose not to cheer sophomore year and I doubt she'll cheer senior year. I'm glad because the costs are out of control. For the record, every cheerleader has paid whatever extravagant amount I posted earlier in the thread. My daughter is on varsity, but JV paid the same. We've not been told what the fees for the competition team will be...and she is on that as well. I don't agree with the. It's, but I don't see what power I have to change them.

Not knowing where the money is going is a huge red flag.

The only way to manage public funds is with compelete transparency. Those coaches should be sending out frequent messages about what the costs are, where the money went, etc.

Not knowing where the money is going is a huge red flag.

The only way to manage public funds is with compelete transparency. Those coaches should be sending out frequent messages about what the costs are, where the money went, etc.

I know exactly where it went. Varsity (most of it I paid directly to them and camp fees went through ASB). And I'll know where the money for competition goes to, I just don't know how much it will be. The coaches aren't being shady, they're just not making low costs a priority.

I know exactly where it went. Varsity (most of it I paid directly to them and camp fees went through ASB). And I'll know where the money for competition goes to, I just don't know how much it will be. The coaches aren't being shady, they're just not making low costs a priority.

Sorry, I misread your post.

The coaches aren't being shady, they're just not making low costs a priority.

This is crazy, and needs to be addressed with the athletic director. By not taking costs into consideration, you are essentially cutting families that can't afford it. In CA, that's illegal, and I would venture to guess it will be elsewhere soon. I understand you can't have it all for free, but there is a big difference between a $500 season and a $1,500 season.

This is crazy, and needs to be addressed with the athletic director. By not taking costs into consideration, you are essentially cutting families that can't afford it. In CA, that's illegal, and I would venture to guess it will be elsewhere soon. I understand you can't have it all for free, but there is a big difference between a $500 season and a $1,500 season.

Agree with this 100%. @amy1k is there an alternative option for those who don't want to be competitive? My girls can opt to only do Game Day, which is just $105 to buy all the poms, bows, and practice clothes (plus whatever shoes they choose to purchase on their own). Or is it thousands of dollars no matter what?

Agree with this 100%. @amy1k is there an alternative option for those who don't want to be competitive? My girls can opt to only do Game Day, which is just $105 to buy all the poms, bows, and practice clothes (plus whatever shoes they choose to purchase on their own). Or is it thousands of dollars no matter what?

What I've paid so far is game day costs. Competition team is extra.

7c55382f68303ec6cc0d56b2f58c5d5a.png

This is what my niece had to pay for JV Cheer ($300 for camp and then $30 for school insurance ) and what the Cheer budget paid. They also do monthly team training at an all star gym sept-November but it's not mandatory as you can't force people to pay for practice (therefore niece does tumbling and a standing private elsewhere)

Everyone is required to fundraise (kiddie camp, sponsors, and they host a cheer competition )

When I cheered for the same program years ago it cost over $1000 (we bought uniforms and warm ups).... the cost lessened by the time my sister cheered there 10 yrs later and now it's even less

The school has money

Back