High School Versus All Stars.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 12, 2011
I honestly think that high school cheerleading and all stars cheerleading are both separate but equal cheer categories, however, many all star cheerleaders look down at high school cheerleaders and tell them that they aren't real cheerleaders.
High school cheerleading came before all stars, so I find this claim hard to believe, but I wanna know, what does everyone else think and why?

really looking forward to responses from people who say high school cheerleaders are "not as good as allstar cheerleaders". I just wanna hear why people think that. this topic is something I always wonder about.

i sure hope high school isnt better -___- we pay alot more money!
but i dont look down at high school cause i coach it now. and my girls and boys work really hard considering the lack of equipment and sources. but i dont think they should be viewed the same if that makes sense. They can compete but comps for them are extra their purpose on the program is to raise school spirit and support the other teams!

The biggest difference is the purpose. Allstar cheerleaders cheer for themselves only as a standalone and are not affiliated with another sport. Also most allstar programs train and practice in specialized facilities that are designed specifically to keep them safe, whereas most high school programs practice in a gym or on a field and are lucky to have mats...

i sure hope high school isnt better -___- we pay alot more money!
but i dont look down at high school cause i coach it now. and my girls and boys work really hard considering the lack of equipment and sources. but i dont think they should be viewed the same if that makes sense. They can compete but comps for them are extra their purpose on the program is to raise school spirit and support the other teams!

I don't think high school is better, I just think all star cheerleaders act like they are better. (I'm both, so I've been guilty of this, but quickly saw the light) I know all stars pay a lot, but high school girls pay a lot of money too.

I think it's like comparing apples and oranges. Being a current high school cheerleader and having done allstars for many many years, they're both hard in their own respects. In my situation, it seems to me like our high school competition team works way harder than my allstar team ever did. When we come to practice almost every one gives their best even if they don't want to be there. We all take it very seriously. When I was in middle school, we sometimes would have to practice in the cafeteria or in a hallway due to lack of respect from the school. It seems like school cheerleaders have it rough because they depend on other people (school board, other sports teams, etc) where as allstars are self-supported.

I think the reason has been stated. High School cheerleaders' main purpose is to support someone else. Even if they do compete, their major purpose is to still to support someone else. I think a lot of Allstar frustration comes from being lumped into the same category as sideline cheerleading. People don't understand the difference and we don't like it

I don't think high school is better, I just think all star cheerleaders act like they are better. (I'm both, so I've been guilty of this, but quickly saw the light) I know all stars pay a lot, but high school girls pay a lot of money too.
to be honest i would have too say that All Star is better. but only cause we pay for the coaches, the facility, and equitment.

High school has so many rules and regulations as well! Plus they are on a hard mat. Allstar gyms have equiptment to train with and experienced coaches. Alot of high school coaches have to really on their team to perform the skills they need because they can't teach them. Alot are just teachers! For my high school team, we have allstar cheerleaders and just high school cheerleaders. Of course alot of people love allstar more, the truth is that they are just totally different!!

Just because you pay more for allstars doesn't mean you are better and not all high school teams lack resources, some have great equpiment in their school and great facilities. Also most high schools have separate competition teams, for example my high school team has a football cheer team in fall and a comp team in winter and spring. So during the fall we focus on football but in winter and spring we only focus on competitions. I know that there are some inexperienced coaches out there but I know that my high school team and many around the area have HIGHLY experienced coaches. So people shouldn't say that high school coaches don't know what they are doing, it's unfair to those that are great coaches. The downfall to high school cheer is definitely all of the rules which is when I think that people think that it is not as good as allstar cheer. With allstars there is more room to do more advanced stunts and go to competitions that have a more valued meaning and they can focus more time into the team. Having cheered for both, high school and allstars, I would say that they are pretty equal.

Besides, the girls that compete pay for travel costs to and from games, plus comp fees, and travel costs to and from competitions.
But I do agree with @Ashafierce. It is a comparison of apples to oranges.

I also think that All Stars should be the title of all star cheer if its causing such an issue.

I feel like you can't compare the 2. My cp did both and obviously all-star was harder but high school was tough as well. She does respect the high school cheerleaders & so do i, but you can't really compare the 2 because in the ways that they are the same they are completely different.

I feel like you can't compare the 2. My cp did both and obviously all-star was harder but high school was tough as well. She does respect the high school cheerleaders & so do i, but you can't really compare the 2 because in the ways that they are the same they are completely different.
Preach.

Back