High School High School Videos 20-21

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

oncecoolcoachnowmom

Bestest Newbie '14
Mar 2, 2014
There is school cheer happening in some places (i.e. UCA regionals and such) and I did not think there was a thread for videos so here you go.

Lexington looks amazing!

They really do. Their unis look like dance costumes but I do like the changeover at the end.

I’d love to see the score rubric for the comp. It seems to be all over the place? Like it allows crazy tumbling but then... only full up stunts? I know elite tumbling does not necessarily equal elite stunting in terms of skills, but I feel safe in assuming these kids are capable of level 5-6 stunts. It’s almost jarring to see them do these insane tumbling passes and then... just stop at a full up. I’m assuming it’s because they’re not allowed to do more.

Yes- I was confused by it. Our highschool cheer is UCA style. Very slow and perfect- so this is jarring.

Also, can SC teams attend national level comps? Or are they similar to states like IL?

I find that every time I see a team that could make NCA (or even UCA with some crowdleading adaptations) nationals interesting, they're in a state that doesn't allow competition outside state level.

Also, can SC teams attend national level comps? Or are they similar to states like IL?

I find that every time I see a team that could make NCA (or even UCA with some crowdleading adaptations) nationals interesting, they're in a state that doesn't allow competition outside state level.

YUP. Teams in SC and IL would absolutely rock UCA.

Last edited:
Hey, I do understand all the scoring, my mom coaches here in SC. We are not allowed to compete outside of our state unfortunate. Also, tumbling passes, the most advance is a full, baskets not apart of score sheet this year.
In stunts, the most we are allowed to do is a 1 and 1/2 up, and full down. Double ups and double downs not allowed.
If yall have any more questions, I can answer pretty much anything about SC cheer.

SC State was today...
3a...
2nd place-blue ridge
1st place BHP
4a...
2nd place-Travelers rest
1st place-AC flora
5a...
2nd place-chapin
1st place-lexigton

Quck google of some of those SC state performances. Wow.

Lexington (champ)

Belton (assuming that is BHP - champ)

Flora (champ) -

That channel has all champs and runner up performances.

Question: Are SC HS cheerleaders allowed to participate in all stars? Do they? Or is it a state where a lot of the talent is grown via school and most chose one or the other?

Quck google of some of those SC state performances. Wow.

Lexington (champ)

Belton (assuming that is BHP - champ)

Flora (champ) -

That channel has all champs and runner up performances.

Question: Are SC HS cheerleaders allowed to participate in all stars? Do they? Or is it a state where a lot of the talent is grown via school and most chose one or the other?

Some of the top programs like Chapin Do not allow their girls to participate in Allstars unless HS is the priority. however, many do Allstars. Normally, HS just had to take priority during their crunch season, and they will give Allstars their priority during there.

Back