High School High School Videos 20-21

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Quck google of some of those SC state performances. Wow.

Flora (champ) -

That channel has all champs and runner up performances.

Question: Are SC HS cheerleaders allowed to participate in all stars? Do they? Or is it a state where a lot of the talent is grown via school and most chose one or the other?

Just popping in to say my niece cheers at AC Flora and is a STATE CHAMP (black girl with full, point jumps)

Yes SC cheerleaders can do all stars. Many do (my niece personally doesn’t...because why? Last time she did a team was when she was 8/9)

Yes SC cheerleaders can do more in stunting but the score sheet doesn’t reward it. Why compete a double up, if you get the same amount of points for a full up and won’t get slammed in execution

We didn’t have baskets on the score sheet (which I’m grateful for because I absolutely would not have done them with my JV) or a cheer because of COVID (lack of time for proper progressions, not wanting people yelling and spitting).

Some of the top programs like Chapin Do not allow their girls to participate in Allstars unless HS is the priority. however, many do Allstars. Normally, HS just had to take priority during their crunch season, and they will give Allstars their priority during there.

I’ve never heard that about Chapin. I coach in the same district. All star doesn’t really conflict with HS cheer with this year being different because of the season being pushed back. A Gym owners child does cheer for Chapin and I do know the weekend of qualifiers she had fly back and forth to Atlanta.

I’ve never heard that about Chapin. I coach in the same district. All star doesn’t really conflict with HS cheer with this year being different because of the season being pushed back. A Gym owners child does cheer for Chapin and I do know the weekend of qualifiers she had fly back and forth to Atlanta.
Yes, the owner of acxs's daughter does as cheer. However, bille did choreo for my moms hs team this year.
She said unless HS cheer is the absolute propriety during the season, they cannot do Allstars. Meaning, they cant miss anything for Allstars. If HS is the propriety, they can do allstars

Last edited:
Yes SC cheerleaders can do more in stunting but the score sheet doesn’t reward it. Why compete a double up, if you get the same amount of points for a full up and won’t get slammed in execution (quote)

Also, u cant double up. U can 1 and 1/2 up but u cant spin twice in hs in sc. Meaning, no double ups, no double fulls, no double downs.
Ik sometimes it looks like they are doing double-ups. (I think river bluff,,,2 years ago?), but really it was like a 1 and 3/4 up. U cant double up, or u will get a safety

Yes SC cheerleaders can do more in stunting but the score sheet doesn’t reward it. Why compete a double up, if you get the same amount of points for a full up and won’t get slammed in execution (quote)

Also, u cant double up. U can 1 and 1/2 up but u cant spin twice in hs in sc. Meaning, no double ups, no double fulls, no double downs.
Ik sometimes it looks like they are doing double-ups. (I think river bluff,,,2 years ago?), but really it was like a 1 and 3/4 up. U cant double up, or u will get a safety

I’m aware (I coach ). I was just using it as an example, since the girls themselves are capable . I suppose I should have used switch ups vs half up switch ups to not confuse people. The score sheet frankly awards the minimum of difficulty and favors cleanliness.

Last edited:
Yes, the owner of acxs's daughter does as cheer. However, bille did choreo for my moms hs team this year.
She said unless HS cheer is the absolute propriety during the season, they cannot do Allstars. Meaning, they cant miss anything for Allstars. If HS is the propriety, they can do allstars

I get HS being the priority when in season. But in this district since our students are the bread and butter for this particular gym (along with a neighboring district) and vice versa for the schools and gym that it’s more of an understanding. We don’t have to tell girls HS takes precedence when in season, it’s understood.

I’m aware (I coach ). I was just using it as an example, since the girls themselves are capable . I suppose I should have used switch ups vs half up switch ups to not confuse people. The score sheet frankly awards the minimum of difficulty and favors cleanliness.
Alright gotcha. I have been around sc hs cheer for forever, I was born into it :)
what school do u coach at?

Alright gotcha. I have been around sc hs cheer for forever, I was born into it :)
what school do u coach at?

I’ve been in it 20+ years. I cheered at Flora, as well as both of my sisters and now my niece just finished her 4th year cheering there and has 2 more to go (but prob only one since she says she’s not doing it senior year ) I coach and teach (librarian) at a HS in the aforementioned school district. I’ve coached off and on for years, but enjoyed not coaching because it allowed me to see my younger sister compete and now my niece... this was my first year having to be coach and spectator and it was a bit much.... and I had to make sure we went to every comp as Flora

Back