OT Hotfix?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Nov 6, 2012
So I'm sort of building off the Show Your Bows thread but anyways.... Everyone seems to be obsessed with Hotfix Stones. I'm making fleece blankets for a couple girls for Christmas & they asked if I could bling them. Now I have a bedazzler but I sort of want to see what all the hype is about Hotfix. Will they work with fleece? & are they hard to use? Thanks for your help. :)

So I'm sort of building off the Show Your Bows thread but anyways.... Everyone seems to be obsessed with Hotfix Stones. I'm making fleece blankets for a couple girls for Christmas & they asked if I could bling them. Now I have a bedazzler but I sort of want to see what all the hype is about Hotfix. Will they work with fleece? & are they hard to use? Thanks for your help. :)
Oh Hotfix! I have become very acquainted with it the last few weeks. They are kind of like an iron that holds the stone and you wait for the glue to melt and then stick it to whatever you want. I found it super easy to use. Where the bedazzler will poke the fabric hotfix just glues it on.
I use the Darice applicator and Darice Crystals. They are pretty cheap and work well, I would NOT recommend doing too much with them as it is very time consuming. I did 30 bows and they took 15-20 minutes each to write out "Flyer" "base" and "spot". They stick pretty well I would just watch so you don't burn your finger!

They work very well on fleece, but not the very thick/fuzzy material, they will stick but will come off in the wash. The soft baby blanket type fleece is good. I have never used an applicator, but many do and as Coack Kelli mentioned, it can be time consuming. I posted a comment in the "show off your Bow D" thread explaining how to do it with an iron. this too is time consuming, but less time than the applicator.
Basically print out your design in a mirror image or trace it on the backside of the page so that it is backward. Get some application tape and place it sticky side up on your design, then use twizers to apply your stones over your design. Stones must be grey/black side up, sparkly side down on the sticky transfer tape. When you are finished you press with a regular iron. NO STEAM!. Hold the iron in one place over the design and push down as hard as you can and hold it for at least 30 seconds. Do this twice on the top then turn the material and repeat on the back. You will need to use a paper towel between your iron and design/fabric so as to not burn the material.
Hope this helps. Good luck. Your firends will love the blankets. I made a few for my daughter. she personalizes them for her friends for birthday presents.

Back