How Long..?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it all depends on how focused you are and how much work you put in. My cp took almost a year to progress from an ugly bhs to throwing her standing tuck on the tumble track tonight. BUT she takes NO private lessons, I have purchased 3 this season when she needed to start getting her feet under her. I have also seen kids that take multiple private lessons go from barely a cartwheel to a tuck in less than a year.
My cp has proven that you don't need them as long as you are patient with progressing slower. Every athlete is different and learn at a different pace, it is difficult to compare yourself to others.

2 months for a full, 2nd try for a standing full, and 2 days to get my dub :)
Not fair you are a BOY!!! My daughter took a few months to get her full, a month after her double and she is too chicken to try her standing full on the floor. She is scared she will get rug burn and mess up her face lol!

Hard to say. Seemd to take my CP forever to really land them but think once he hit his layout a full was only a couple of months, if that away. Standing and Dub were def longer. If I recall correctly he had his full at 11, dub at 12 or 13 and standing at 13 though not consistant until 14.

i can't honestly remember for cp how long for her full. i'm guessing 2-3 months. this is without privates, working it once a week in regular tumbling class. she started working her double from there, but got injured and didn't tumble for 2 months and her coach hasn't been teaching her new skills yet since it's nationals season.... we usually take the summer off of tumbling, so i'm going to go ahead and say it'll take 1+ year for her to get her double/standing full...LOL

Not fair you are a BOY!!! My daughter took a few months to get her full, a month after her double and she is too chicken to try her standing full on the floor. She is scared she will get rug burn and mess up her face lol!
I don't think it's cause I'm a boy.. I just set goals and push for them :) yes, they are scary.. Buttttt, once you do it once you're fine :)

I don't think it's cause I'm a boy.. I just set goals and push for them :) yes, they are scary.. Buttttt, once you do it once you're fine :)
Gotta side with Famous Mom on this one. Though boys and girls are definitely capable of obtaining the same tumbling skills, from many years of experiences in other sports and in cheer, I believe boys do tend to pick up physical skills earlier and quicker than the girls. But, though they may take a little more time to develop those skills when they do get them I think by far girls are much more graceful in the execution.

Gotta side with Famous Mom on this one. Though boys and girls are definitely capable of obtaining the same tumbling skills, from many years of experiences in other sports and in cheer, I believe boys do tend to pick up physical skills earlier and quicker than the girls. But, though they may take a little more time to develop those skills when they do get them I think by far girls are much more graceful in the execution.
I agree with boys catch on quicker. I was just meaning in my case it wasn't.. I worked my butt off for my full and such.

We have a boy who started cheer 2 seasons ago and now throw triple toe fulls, double through to double, hand,hand, whip double. I love watching boys who work hard to get these amazing skills!!! Keep up the good work!

Back