High School How Many Practices A Week And For How Long?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In the summer I have conditioning. Once August 13 starts, we will practice 3 days for 2.5 hours each as a pre-camp and one day for 2 hours. The following week and once school starts we are on 2 weekdays for 2.5 hours each, every other Saturday for 2.5-3 hours, and 2 hours of tumbling and conditioning once a week.

I am a firm beluiever that the girls burn out if it is too much so I try and keep it consistent and have a defined schedule.

3 days a week for 2 hours each in june (never have practice on fridays and had community service on mondays)
4 days a week in july before regionals, 2 hrs each
4-5 days a week in august, 2.5 hours
during the school year we have 2 days a week for 2.5 hours with football games on fridays.
in addition, most of us take at least one 1 hr tumbling class... i take 2 tumbling classes and 2 privates a week and open gym when there is one!

All Star Cheer: 3 hrs a week practice, 1 hour tumble class (Total:4ish hrs a week)
HS (school year sched): 6-9 Mon-Thurs, then a game (Total: 14-15 hrs)

We practice Monday and Tuesday for two hours, then we have tumbling on Thursday for an hour with an hour and a half practice afterwards.

When I did high school cheer during the school year we only practiced Mondays and Wednesdays. All cheerleaders practiced 4-6 then the competition team practiced from 6-9, but it was usually more like 9:30. So for girls on the competition squad it was a 5 hour practice, on a school night. The next year it was changed though so that Monday and Wednesdays were all cheerleaders form 4-6 and then competition squad had practice Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 4-6

we have monday and wednesday for 2 hrs and then sunday for 3, i wish we had more!! we could be so much better if we had more practice. the team that beat us last year at state practices every day for 3 hours and 90% of them do all star. it's hard to compete against especially because we rely on tumblers from our gymnastics team

We usually practice Mondays through Fridays then Saturday practices. The week of competitions we usually have before school practices too. :)

Latest posts

Back