All-Star How To Easily Share Files

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
I have been asked quite a few times (and just today by PM) how to easily share files with other people in cheer. Coaches trying to share videos with music people or what not. (First example that comes to mind) so I figured why not make a post to understand how I do it.

The easiest way to do this is dropbox. A fantastic free program I use for my day job and have at Rays quite a few times.

The way the program works is you sign up for an account (2 gig is the free one) and download and install the dropbox program. Dropbox makes a folder on your computer that whatever you put into it instantly goes and synchs to the 'cloud'. If you install dropbox on another computer of yours and login with your account dropbox will keep your two dropbox folders in synch. Put a picture in your dropbox folder on your laptop? In a matter of seconds its then in your desktop dropbox.

Not where this gets really cool is you can share subfolders with specific people. I can make a folder called 'king and acedad' and then click to share that with acedads dropbox. I drop in a video of me doing the macarena and within a few minutes it will synched and in his dropbox. Its all free up to 2 gig per account and you can have as many accounts as you want OR pay to have your account have 100gig of sharing. You can also share folders up to a large group of people (30 I think).

Anyways that's my tech tip o the week.

Not where this gets really cool is you can share subfolders with specific people. I can make a folder called 'king and acedad' and then click to share that with acedads dropbox. I drop in a video of me doing the macarena and within a few minutes it will synched and in his dropbox.

Hasn't shown up in my dropbox yet!

They have the app in the appstore for the Ipad so it's an easy way to get files to/from there

Back