All-Star I Need Help Becoming A Better Flyer.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 8, 2011
My coach has recently told me that I'm just too small to base. I'm not growing anymore and I can only base 2 maybe 3(depending on the other base and back) of the flyers on our team which isn't helping him out becasue the younger girls coming up would need to base the bigger flyers. The two smallest flyer however are almost my height and weight. Plus I really want to cheer in college but again I'm too small to base. So I need to learn how to fly. Please help. And does anyone have any tips for doubling?

Stretch stretch stretch. Flexibility and knowing your body is the best thing for you. Also just overall core and muscle strength to help you be tight in the air and help hold yourself up so your bases don't hate you haha. For doubling, you need to perfect your cradle and full. In your cradle make sure you don't jump out of your bases hands and sit and the proper time. For fulling just get the whole body turn down. When you double, you pretty much turn faster than you would in a full down and make sure you stay in your cylinder. That's how it was explained to me.

Like ElitePanthers Said stretching is a HUGE KEY and learning how to keep your core and every muscle in your body tight when you want it. For doubling to get the speed and to make it all the way around you just have to stay tight. I actually have my flyers lay on the ground completely tight and try to roll down the mat without using their heads or one of their legs or arms. This teaches you to use your body as a whole and stay completely tight and hallow.

Practice at home all the time and def try and get into flyers classes. A lot of gyms have these now.

Back