All-Star I want to open an all-star gym, but am unsure of where to start. Any and all help is appreciated!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 29, 2023
Hello everyone!

My name is Courtney, and I've been dabbling with opening my own all-star cheerleading gym for years now. I am a former sport management major and all throughout college I knew it was what I wanted to do. The sport has given me so much throughout my youth and now adulthood as I continue to coach. It is something I am very passionate about and know I could be successful doing.

I have a business plan drawn up that is very detailed and has been sitting in my computer for the last two years just waiting to see the light of day. I am currently a coach for the youth rec team I started cheering for when I was just six years old. While I love it, I really want to compete more than cheer for football. We have four competitions a year, but our season is short (July-November). I want to make competing my main focus. I love it so much that I started planning for this coming season months ago.

I know this is a hefty undertaking in terms of money and investments. While I continue to save, an idea popped into my head. When I cheered competitively and recreationally as a kid, there were all star teams who just were starting out and began by practicing in gymnastics centers (not all-star gyms). Is this something that is feasible money wise, starting out? Because I know money would need to go to whatever gym we would be using for rent. I don't want to be breaking even, I want to be able to make a profit so I can stash away money in hopes of getting my own building one day.

Again, any help and guidance is appreciated!

If you made it this far, thank you thank you thank you!!!

That thread was a little while ago, but @JayySoFierce had some great advice. First thing, get a lawyer.

That thread was a little while ago, but @JayySoFierce had some great advice. First thing, get a lawyer.
Thank you so much!!! I’ll have to take a look. I appreciate it!!

Back