If Cheerleading Was Started By Men, Why Is It Such A Big Deal If They Participated In It Now?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 7, 2014
Once upon of time, I heard that cheerleading was actually started by a group of men from a certain college. It wasn't too, too long ago that women were allowed to do cheerleading. (Much longer than what I'm making it seem like, but just saying).

If all of that is true, why is it such a big deal if men (outside of all star) do cheer? If they do, they just want booty, their gay, etc. It really just irritates me how little non-cheer people are educated about the sport. I just want to know your thoughts on this.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

i think the reason is because of all the dancing that is involved. because the dancing that cheerleaders do are sometimes provocative (bootay shaking etc.) and seeing boys do that it gets made fun of.

also with our society and how people stereotype GIRL cheerleaders and how they are slutty, i guess they think boys are the same

Except boys get praised for it.

Also, I've never seen a guy dance in a UCA-style routine for high school or college.

but you see, thats what everyone thinks they do. thats the thing in our society. they are all stuck with this image in their heads that they do this stuff. like the movie Bring It On has basicly planted the image if male cheerleaders in everyones heads. (nothing against bring it on cause that movie is the tea)

but you see, thats what everyone thinks they do. thats the thing in our society. they are all stuck with this image in their heads that they do this stuff. like the movie Bring It On has basicly planted the image if male cheerleaders in everyones heads. (nothing against bring it on cause that movie is the tea)
It weird because some NCPs claim that BIO is what led them to see cheer as athletic, while others claim that it only cemented the stereotypes in their head.

@cheer_girl665 prepare to get MAD.

Stuff your pompoms. Cheerleading isn't sport | Victoria Coren | Comment is free | The Observer

Some of the commenters dealt with her, but I think someone should drag her into the Unity gym.... or bring her to the US and show her what cheer looks like.

I mean, she actually thinks cheerleaders wear boots. :rolleyes::banghead:

that woman is such a huge (fill in the blank)!!!! its one thing if you say its not a sport, cause i can some what deal with that. but for the woman to be totally trashing cheerleaders and cheerleading on the internet is crossing the line!! she is so over the line she can't even see it. she is sooo rude and disrespectful!!! im so freaking pissed!

@cheerchicaubrey You can't curse here. MsT

Last edited by a moderator:
that woman is such a huge b*tch!!!! its one thing if you say its not a sport, cause i can some what deal with that. but for the woman to be totally trashing cheerleaders and cheerleading on the internet is crossing the line!! she is so over the line she can't even see it. she is sooo rude and disrespectful!!! im so freaking pissed!
Yeah ! I'm TOTALLY in allstar cheer because I'm slutty and I want some male attention. Guess what? It's a sport! If you don't like it fine! But don't make fun of hard working girls like these. I get a little ticked when it comes to these kind of things. It's like saying whoever hasn't been to a amusement park is dumb and scared! You can't generalize teenage girls like that. ( even though it's not just teenage girls.) sometimes I just want to teach people like this a lesson!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back