I'm Trying Out At Cheer Extreme Kernersville In 1 Year But Have Never Been On A Team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My family is moving to North Carolina in 1 year and I'll be trying out at CEA Kernersville and my mom wants me to aim for being on Sr Elite or Coed Elite. The only problem is I've never been on a team because where we live in New York the teams don't work hard so I've been taking privates since I was 3 and I have a whip whip double and all the level 5 tumbling skill and flying skills like double ups and the baskets. And I only know the basics of being a base I've only ever been a flyer. So is there a chance of me being able to compete with Sr Elite or Coed Elite
The coaches know what will be best for you as an athlete- they will place you on the team that is the right fit for you as well as what they need for the team.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Hi Rachel, don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but the 2 teams you mentioned are very high profile teams at CEA and it might be possible without prior AS experience that they made start you out on a restricted 5 team...The coaches all say that it is not just tumbling and matter of fact, when you talk about high profile teams, most of the people trying out are going to have the skills and then some... Just saying, why not start AS on a less profile and get year under your belt and then move into the pressure cooker teams like Senior Elite and Coed Elite, unless this is your last chance at AS glory...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I am so jealous of you, I love CEA! Just a tip: no matter where they place you, especially if it's 5R, don't get discouraged or let your efforts slip. CEA's coaching staff, from what I've seen, is very observant (I guess this applies to all all-star coaches, since every season you build next season's kids). You sound like a really strong athlete, but it's never a bad idea to master multiple stunt positions. Be sure to work really hard at your basing skills (if you end up being a base) while keeping up your flying skills. Also, work on increasing the difficulty of your jumps to back. Good luck!

Edit: Go to your coaches for advice on how to improve your skills, they'll appreciate your initiative.

I know exactly how you feel! I'm from New York and do all-star cheer and I'm a flyer there are a few cheer gyms by me but known of them are passed level 3. I'm looking at a team that has a level 4&5 squad and a great facility but it's an hour away anyway with your situation ask your coaches to learn how to do all positions. Cheer extreme likes well rounded athletes. Your tumbling sounds amazing and you'd make a level 5 team just for that but keep up your privates and you'll only improve. Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back