All-Star Improving People's 'image' Of Competitive Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

These are from our first two competitions. Our uniforms were late coming in, so here you can see side by side on virtually the same routine with competition production and see if you think its the same or not the same.

1.Allstar Synchronized Athletics. 2.Keep the uniforms, it is an extension of each teams personality. 3.Like to see it really become a large NCAA sport. With the time, effort and dedication put into this sport they should receive the scholarships that other sports do.

1. I believe it is and should be called "All-Star Competitive Cheerleading". I believe what I coach athletes to do is to compete with a combination of cheerleading skills.
2. I absolutely LOVE the fact that Stunt and NCATA have gone to a more "universal" style apparel. I am not a fan of all the big bow, crazy uniform stuff, I really don't care. I would like to see Stunt/NCATA style uniform in All-Star, but again that's not gonna be popular with Varsity/GK but I think it would be much better for the "All-Star" look. I don't care what you wear I care what skills you have.
3. I do what I do bc I love it. I got into this bc it was fun and gave me an opportunity to go to college for free. I want to get as many of my kids into college as possible for the cheapest price. I would love to see a "version" of what we do in the Olympics one day, but who knows. I also would like to add that I have had first hand experience with the University of Maryland program and the level that they are taking EVERYTHING is bar none (I'm unaware of other NCATA schools) I could go on for days but basically, they treat their NCATA athletes just like the rest of the athletes at the University.

I feel like the sublimated uniforms are getting us closer to the clean, professional, and athletic look we need. They're still exciting and flashy, but look much classier and athletic.

AshaFierce said:
I feel like the sublimated uniforms are getting us closer to the clean, professional, and athletic look we need. They're still exciting and flashy, but look much classier and athletic.

I was just thinking CA projects an image I think represents all star very well. The uniforms are a big part of that superficial first impression a lot of people get and theirs are not over the top but still very fun.

A lot of the negativity surrounding allstar cheer is not just because of misperception, misunderstanding or general idiocy, it speaks to a wider issue of how the world views and treats women. We can call it anything we want, dress is sacks and have team triple fulls, but it ain't gonna change the fact that the world doesn't give women the same respect as men, nor does it extend that respect to men who participate in traditionally "female" areas of life.

I like big bows, I fly like a demon and I like to train in tiny shorts and a sportsbra. Doesn't make me any less of a feminist or any less of an athlete. I worry first about what I think about myself, and then I go on to change what the world thinks of me. And I would looooove to wear CA's unis - actually any uni that lets you wear a functional sportsbra underneath it should be industry standard.

Back