All-Star Interesting Situation: How Do I Handle This?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 23, 2010
I met my best friend cheering at an all star gym. We no longer cheer at the same gym and there is the possibility that she might be cheering at a half year team somewhere else. When I say best friends, I mean that when she surprised me at a competition recently we both started crying and hugging each other and freaking out. She is much more like a sister to me than anything else. We had a sleepover that night and I told her that I would love her no matter what she decided to do with cheerleading. We agreed to be at all of the competitions that we possibly could for each other and we would get t-shirts and such to show our support. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this and if so, how did you manage to handle it? We would be on the same level team in the same division, although I do not think that we would have any competitions together.

It might seem weird, but being on different teams, even against eachother won't change yalls friendship. Y'all will cheer eachother on and just have to think about it as a new experience for her and support her. As long as y'all don't let team differences get in the way, everything will be okay:)

One year me and my best friend cheered at "rival" gyms and were on teams in the same division. We competed against eachother a few time that season. Even if we were going back to back we never misses eachother compete. I even missed part of warmups one time to watch her perform. When she beat me or I beat he we were always happy for eachother no matter what <3 I remember the parents for her gym would look at me crazy because I was up front and center screaming my lungs out even thought i was from "that" gym. One time they even tried to kick me out of priority seating because I had on a uniform for a different gym lol For us it was neve a problem. We both got yelled at a few times for missing team talks after we compete or sneaking out fo warmups every now and then but it was so worth it :)

My cps old team split up over the coarse of a few seasons and most (including us moms) remain close, and her bff has always been in a different gym. We all get out there and support eachother, take lots of pics and even celebrate the winner together! Its whatever you want it to be, but most importantly have fun and enjoy eachother! If any of either of your teammates are negative about it, tell em to get over it because your a real friend. Good luck!

I don't really see a problem with the situation. If y'all aren't against each other at competitions then why would it matter? Yeah it stinks not cheering with your best friend but sometimes you just have to move on, it's not like you'll never see her again. There are a lot worse things that can happen then your friend cheering for another all star gym.

Plus, y'all are going to cheer each other on. If anything I feel it would make your bond grow stronger. Being able to support each other when you're competing is a great feeling and without feeling any competition between one another.

Back