Introduction

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 3, 2015
Hey! I'm brand new to cheerleading. I used to do gymnastics but I went to a cheer practice with my friend and loved it! I'm going to join in the summer. What should I expect for competitions and all that?

Hey! I'm brand new to cheerleading. I used to do gymnastics but I went to a cheer practice with my friend and loved it! I'm going to join in the summer. What should I expect for competitions and all that?

First of all, welcome to the board :)

Are you trying out for an all-star gym? :)

What is All-Star lol
Most refreshing question ever lol. An all-star gym is basically a private gym (not supported by a school) that has a bunch of teams operating under it. Kids tryout or are evaluated for the teams, and they are placed on teams based on their age and skill level, as well as how they fit into a stunt group and balance out the team's skill (for example, a team that has lots of strong tumblers but lacks strong jumpers would need to place kids that are strong in jumps). These teams don't support a sports team or perform at pep rallies, they only compete. It's a lot of fun.

Most refreshing question ever lol. An all-star gym is basically a private gym (not supported by a school) that has a bunch of teams operating under it. Kids tryout or are evaluated for the teams, and they are placed on teams based on their age and skill level, as well as how they fit into a stunt group and balance out the team's skill (for example, a team that has lots of strong tumblers but lacks strong jumpers would need to place kids that are strong in jumps). These teams don't support a sports team or perform at pep rallies, they only compete. It's a lot of fun.
My team is not run/supported by a school. We only compete. It's all the same team, but we are placed into different groups based on our level with skill and tumbling (the highest group being Illusion). We still are in a specific level, just certain levels are in one group and other levels in another group (for training). We can join at anytime but we are officially placed in a level at tryouts
Would this be classified as an 'all star' gym?

My team is not run/supported by a school. We only compete. It's all the same team, but we are placed into different groups based on our level with skill and tumbling (the highest group being Illusion). We still are in a specific level, just certain levels are in one group and other levels in another group (for training). We can join at anytime but we are officially placed in a level at tryouts
Would this be classified as an 'all star' gym?
Yup!

Back