Is It Ever Too Late?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 21, 2017
So I cheered 3 years in high school and decided to join the army at 18. I will get out of the army next year, and a dream of mine has always been to cheer in college. So the question would be, even though i'll be 24(almost 25), is it ever to late to go back and cheer in college?

So I cheered 3 years in high school and decided to join the army at 18. I will get out of the army next year, and a dream of mine has always been to cheer in college. So the question would be, even though i'll be 24(almost 25), is it ever to late to go back and cheer in college?
If you only knew the number of 25-30 year old men who used to cheer year after year... Nope, it's not too late as long as you're still in shape and kept your skills.

ETA: You get 5 years of eligibility for both UCA and NCA, but it doesn't matter when you use them.

Nope, about 1/4 of the guys I cheered with were in your same situation. Back in school and needing a hobby or activity to fulfill your time. Coaches usually enjoy having some mature (relative concept lol) people on the team, so I would guess you'd be a good fit for a lot of programs.

Glad you will go for it!!! And thank you for your service. My brother is in the Army and I am very proud of him!

Back