Is It Ok/acceptable To Cheer For Two Gyms ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 19, 2012
Ok so I like the gym I'm at now but I really want to cheer for this other gym in my area aswell. since its too late to quit my 1st gym and I love my team(pretty much) , can i also be on another gyms cheer team. ( the 2nd gym has better, higher level teams i can tryout for ) should I do it or stick with my 1st gym until next season then switch ? PLEASE HELP!

From USASF rules http://usasfrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/USASF-Age-Grid-12-13-Rev-6-27-12.pdf
"An individual will not be permitted to crossover from one program to another within the same event (Exception: An athlete from one gym may crossover to one additional gym’s Level 6 team provided (s)he meets the age requirement. "

So even if neither gym had a problem with it, if they compete at any of the same events, it would be a problem.

I agree with Cheer Dad, stick with the commitment you've made to your current team and re-evaluate your options once the current season is over.

I know several girls that cheer for an all-star team AND a high school team. There are not rules against that - just can't cheer for two all-star programs at the same event. Don't know if it applies if they never compete at the same competition.

However, the cheer industry is small. both gyms will find out. Then what happens. Stick with the one for this season. Next May, everything can be different.

Bump --- just want to clarification on this again since its an old thread.

An athlete can cheer for two gyms BUT can't compete with 2 gyms at the same event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it true too, that with Summit teams, you can only cross over 1 level? So for example, a Sr 4 Summit athlete couldn't cross over to their Open 6 team for Worlds. I thought that was interesting, since Open 6 always seems to have its own set of exceptions

Bump --- just want to clarification on this again since its an old thread.

An athlete can cheer for two gyms BUT can't compete with 2 gyms at the same event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there are exceptions to this rule for level 6 teams. I think you can cheer on a senior team at one gym and an open 6 at another.

Back