All-Star Jamfest And Usasf Split?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Rudags

Two Time Defending Champion, Board Comedian
Dec 14, 2009
Ive heard speculation that Jamfest may try pulling out of the USASF? Ive also heard from several coaches Jamfest in calling around trying to find out if teams would still attend without Worlds bids? Anyone else hear anything? Agree or Disagree? Anyone else thing Varsity has too much power in the USASF?

I heard this sometime around the Spring...Les Stella squashed that rumor back then. Not sure if it has new legs now, but at that time, it was said that it was not true. Would be interesting to know if that has changed though.....

WOW!! thats crazy!!
I do agree, though, Varsity does have way to much power.
I personally LOVE Jambrand events anyways!

Interesting. Wonder (if indeed it's true) if they would create their own level rules. That doesn't excite me (I have nightmares of that time in allstar history).

I think they would be cutting off their legs to spite their feet personally. I know our gym would probably NEVER travel that far if there were no worlds bids being offered. As long as worlds is the end all be all, that's what teams are chasing. I'm sure they would still have attendance from gyms within driving distance, but I'm sure their attendance would drop dramatically. I could totally be wrong though. It's just my opinion. :)

2e668a0d9406.gif

That would NOT be what our sport needs, imo.

I think they would be cutting off their legs to spite their feet personally. I know our gym would probably NEVER travel that far if there were no worlds bids being offered. As long as worlds is the end all be all, that's what teams are chasing. I'm sure they would still have attendance from gyms within driving distance, but I'm sure their attendance would drop dramatically. I could totally be wrong though. It's just my opinion. :)

I agree with you...

Varsity isn't the governing body. A Non-Profit organization called the USASF was the last time I checked. I remember the days when everyone had their own rules, and it was the wild wild west. The USASF has been the most important impact on our industry in the last decade. The way the USASF united most of the companies together, gave one set of rules, allows everyone to participate and award teams to worlds has been a blessing. Thank you for the USASF.

Varsity is definitely positioning themselves to be the Governing Body, just like USASF is and USACheer.
I agree that the work done by all three is important to the growth of the sport.

I would assume that if Jamfest split from USASF, then they would probably come up with a product to compete with the concept of Worlds. They would have to pull in some big name gyms to have any hope of making it fly, but I suspect some type of package with the gymowners getting some input into the competition company would be appealing. Who knows, but I'd listen to people like Rockstar who have been there and done that. I doubt much of this is accurate. And after 13 years, I really do not see Varsity as a boogeyman at all. They have done a whole lot of good in cheer.

Varsity isn't the governing body. A Non-Profit organization called the USASF was the last time I checked. I remember the days when everyone had their own rules, and it was the wild wild west. The USASF has been the most important impact on our industry in the last decade. The way the USASF united most of the companies together, gave one set of rules, allows everyone to participate and award teams to worlds has been a blessing. Thank you for the USASF.

I can't imagine that a event producer would want to buck the governing body of the sport, especially as that governing body is starting to gain momentum and would have the ability to make life difficult for teams that participated in non-sanctioned events.

I've heard this and, if they are truly considering it, I hope they decide it would be a bad idea.

While the USASF isn't perfect, the positives far outweigh the negatives and there continues to be improvement.

This would be an epic tragedy.

Varsity=the Volturi hehehe
Sorry that probably added nothing to the conversation but that's what it's turned into.
On a serious note though, I think there needs to be SOMEONE in charge. Jamfest I guess doesn't have to comply or give out worlds bids, but honestly, I think that will cause a decrease in participants at the bigger comps

Back