All-Star [Jan 15, 2011] Mid-Atlantic Cheer Co's National Championships - 2-FP, 6-AL (Reading, PA)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh - here's another tip for you. The parking lot is a mess. It can take a LONG time to get out. When you pull into the lot, go to the left and park as far over as you can (in other words - you're parking back towards 422). There is a side exit (it's not exactly an actual exit, but we all use it) and it will save you a lot of aggravation at the end of a long day.

which parking lot are we talking about btw? they give several:
State Lot, BARTA garage, Doubletree garage or

South Penn garage, Reed and Court garage, 7th and Washington Lot or

4th and Cherry garage, Poplar and Walnut garage, and 6th / Cherry lot

???

which parking lot are we talking about btw? they give several:
State Lot, BARTA garage, Doubletree garage or

South Penn garage, Reed and Court garage, 7th and Washington Lot or

4th and Cherry garage, Poplar and Walnut garage, and 6th / Cherry lot
???

The garage I use is directly across the street from the venue - uncovered. It's funny - when you're a local you know of THE garage you use - you don't look on the web for what is suggested.

Thank you! I have never been to this event or facility before and was looking for just this info. Um..hmmm...is it a freezing cold facility like Cheer Tech's Dec 4/5 competition in Oaks PA? That was brutal.

Yes - that was brutal, wasn't it? I was there, too. It was odd, too, going back and forth, don't you think? No, Reading is a stadium type venue - half of the circle will be for spectators - the other half is where the kids are warming up. I haven't been there for a year, but do not recall it being freezing cold.

Yes - that was brutal, wasn't it? I was there, too. It was odd, too, going back and forth, don't you think? No, Reading is a stadium type venue - half of the circle will be for spectators - the other half is where the kids are warming up. I haven't been there for a year, but do not recall it being freezing cold.

Thank you for all the info. I will look for the uncovered lot. As far as the Oaks comp.; it was hard running back and forth with the different teams. Our parents camped out at the second floor and walked over to the first floor for different team performances so they would have a seat. I was not too fond of the venue I have to admit, and it was so freezing that I was going to suggest my teams to bring the nice Cheer Tech blankets they got to keep them warm if this facility was like the other one!

Thank you for all the info. I will look for the uncovered lot. As far as the Oaks comp.; it was hard running back and forth with the different teams. Our parents camped out at the second floor and walked over to the first floor for different team performances so they would have a seat. I was not too fond of the venue I have to admit, and it was so freezing that I was going to suggest my teams to bring the nice Cheer Tech blankets they got to keep them warm if this facility was like the other one!

Yes, it's a shame because it's about 5 minutes from my house! Last year, when it opened, we attended a small competition there and they only used one floor - much better. It was later in the year so I don't recall being cold. What team are you from? I'm NJSE.

Well small limited:
Vipers
Dream-eternity
All Star One Big Bang
East Coast Nitros-Ignite

but the coeds are combined
so NJSE who is large is now in our division too

Sm Sr 5
Dream Extreme
Vipers Venom
CC Champs
Nitros C4-- At Large Bid
KX Athletics

Lrg Sr 5
State
MD Superstarz

Ltd Coed 5
All Star One
Dream
Nitros Ignite -- At Large Bid
SE Fab 5
Vipers King Cobras

Intl Coed 5
State-- At Large Bid
NY Cheer

Anyone else have bids that I missed? I probably missed a few.

Bid predictions?

I've only seen a few of you (of course I've seen my own team - NJSE and think they'll do very well). I wish ALL of you great success!!! I'll be cheering you all on.

Yes, it's a shame because it's about 5 minutes from my house! Last year, when it opened, we attended a small competition there and they only used one floor - much better. It was later in the year so I don't recall being cold. What team are you from? I'm NJSE.

East Coast Majestic - and your teams are awesome!

Back