OT Kids say the darndest things!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 24, 2009
So I coach a couple of tumbling classes, my first class being ages 3-6 and my second being 7-11 (made up of mostly 7 year olds, except one six year old who can't make the 3-6 class. Her name is Elise, and she's usually really quiet. I hardly hear her talk)

We practice on panel mats, really crappy, falling apart panel mats lol. We don't do much, but I'm hoping that eventually, they will get to front handsprings. In order to get them to work harder I showed them a front handspring, and when we did bridge holds, I did it with them. So when they started complaining about how it was hard I said "Hey, I did a front handspring and the bridge holds with you and I'm old!" and they all say "You're not old!" except Elise. This is what Elise says, "Miss Nicole, are you married?" so I laugh and say no, so she says, "Will you be married when you're 100!?" hahahahah

It made my day, I thought this was so funny. After a day of one girl crying because her sister "yelled right at her" and another girl crying and running from the room because she thought she was in trouble because I asked her to stop tickling the other girls in her line, I needed the laugh.

I hope a cute little six year old can brighten your day too!

Hahahahahhaa story of my life!! I work at church summer day camp with preschoolers. Let me tell ya, they really say the funniest things I've ever heard. I have the pleasure of working with the adorable 5 & 6 year olds :) My first day of work, I was asked how many kids I had and what there names were. They were all trying to guess my age..the closest numbers were 38 and 100..hah I'm 18. As the weeks have gone by-relationships have definitely started haha this one boy andrew is the heart throb of the class! He told me today he likes Michelle, Gigi and Eve...and me? haha He said he has 4 girlfriends and asked me if that was okay. Oh gosh..so yeah I love my job :)

aww so cute. i volunteer at my local boys and girls club and some of the kids just have the best stories and they tell them at the most random times. it's adorable.

We have this "buzzards" book (long story for another day and time) in which we right funny quotes that our kids say. Here goes a few of my favorites.....

Coach spotting a BHS on a mini. Coach says to Miss Mini, "You need to keep your arms by your ears in your back handspring!" Mini says, "Um, I can't. My arms don't like my head."

"I can't do my pike to the left...I can only do it to the right."

First year competitor at choreography camp...."Are they going to turn the music down so the judges can hear us snap?"

Junior entry level athlete...."Is it a floored roll, or a forward roll???"

After about 3 hours and 10 counts into the routine at choreography camp..."Are we going to learn our routine today?"

Working on toe touches...."I have to look at my toes, because I don't where they are!"

I could go on for days....Love our kids and the funny things they say!

haha I love it! They really do have the funniest and most random stories. They're just starting to come out of their shells and talk to me more instead of just each other.

We have this "buzzards" book (long story for another day and time) in which we right funny quotes that our kids say. Here goes a few of my favorites.....

Coach spotting a BHS on a mini. Coach says to Miss Mini, "You need to keep your arms by your ears in your back handspring!" Mini says, "Um, I can't. My arms don't like my head."

"I can't do my pike to the left...I can only do it to the right."

First year competitor at choreography camp...."Are they going to turn the music down so the judges can hear us snap?"

Junior entry level athlete...."Is it a floored roll, or a forward roll???"

After about 3 hours and 10 counts into the routine at choreography camp..."Are we going to learn our routine today?"

Working on toe touches...."I have to look at my toes, because I don't where they are!"

I could go on for days....Love our kids and the funny things they say!

These are too cute! I'd love to hear more!

There's about an hour between my tumbling class and practice so sometimes I help out with the minis. Most of them have never cheered before. So the first day they started stunting, we got a group of older girls to base... then they alllll decided they wanted to be a flyer hahahah. Not all of them should be flying. So adorable though.

I'll have to be on the lookout for more things now! They're a really quite bunch though..

last year i coached youth and they would ask me a million and a half questions about everything.
i was only 16 and they asked how come you can be our coach if you're not old and i said coaches can be any age and one of them told me; well in that case; i guess i can be our new coach. i almost dieddd.

another one told her mom that i was 22 and that when she's as old as me; she hope's she's pretty like me and gets lots of boyfriends like me. it was adorable.

A couple of funnies from my little sister. She's 8.

She was kicking around in the bed and rolling up on my mom while she was trying to sleep. My mom said "Kara, stop moving around." Kara said "just let me live my life."

When she was younger (like 4) she loved My Little Ponies. She was playing with one of them and was making it walk across the TV screen. Then she stopped and said "I don't want to do that because Minty might go through the screen and mess up the elec-tro-ma-tis-ity."

But the funniest thing she ever said was like a year or 2 ago when she was outside talking to my stepdad. And she asked "Dad, who would win if a knee and a rock had a wraaastle?" hahhaha like wtf? Meaning like, if a knee and a rock wrestled....um...what? haha

Not really a "darndest thing" but adorable...

One day in the car my aunt was teaching my two little cousins some Spanish she remembered. My cousins are both boys, one 5 and the other 2. I went over to babysit and they both greeted me, "hola chica!!" it was precious. Then they continued "dios mios!!" and "adios!". (dios mios is my favorite! It means oh my god in english!)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Haha these are all great.
My high school team is doing a clinic with a bunch of little girls right now and this adorable little 4 year old was running around the gym kicking a water bottle while the other little girls learned cheers. I went up to her and this was our conversation:
Me: "Do you want to go learn the cheers?"
Her: "No. There's no snacks."
Me:"Ya there's lots of snacks! We have teddy grahams and they're really good!"
Her: "They're not real."
Her: "Of course they're real! Come learn the cheers and I'll give you some!"
Her: "But nobody gives me pizza."
It probably doesn't sound that funny but if you were there, it was hilarious.

Back