Votes: 11 21.2%
  • The Tumbling

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • None

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • All

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
AMEN!! Can't level 1 be 1 jump, level 2 two jumps, and level 3+ three jumps? Let's get that jump technique and progression like we do with everything else!
I have brought this up before but there are always the coaches that are like "I can get my mini unicorns toe touches perfect so NO we can't get rid of this".

I wish coaches would stop arguing for what they want at the moment and look to the future instead. It's so short sighted to only think about what's in front of you right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's triple whip star jack popcorn crap.
99% percent sure this is a perfect description of my jumps. (Second year cheerleader)
We don't have much practice time to work on jumps, because we have to practice stunts and tumbling most of the time. (But mainly stunts)

I always hated tumbling while I was cheering, like I would jump all practice if it meant I didn't have to tumble, and jumps are close a close 2nd! I never understood why I hated it so much because I always had everything I needed.. it wasn't really like there was too much pressure on me or something! As a coach I hate jumps because I'm extremely picky about motion placements and timing. And as a spectator I also hate tumbling, it's quite boring to me and always seems to take forever.

I have brought this up before but there are always the coaches that are like "I can get my mini unicorns toe touches perfect so NO we can't get rid of this".

I wish coaches would stop arguing for what they want at the moment and look to the future instead. It's so short sighted to only think about what's in front of you right now.

I took the hit last year with my minis. They did three jumps but they were not connected but it was the only way to help them get the timing down. It still wasn't pretty but much better than the popcorn it was when they try to do three whip approaches.

And if we are doing this, can we start with the tinies and minis doing tucks and x-jumps? Then move to the more advanced jumps...because like you said, it's starfish popcorn!

I took the hit last year with my minis. They did three jumps but they were not connected but it was the only way to help them get the timing down. It still wasn't pretty but much better than the popcorn it was when they try to do three whip approaches.

And if we are doing this, can we start with the tinies and minis doing tucks and x-jumps? Then move to the more advanced jumps...because like you said, it's starfish popcorn!

Same with me. Judges said our jumps were clean, but we should connect them to get a higher DOD. Yup, well aware, but the reason they're clean and synchronized is cos they're not connected. One thing at a time with a brand new to cheer group of kids.

Back