All-Star Level 6 Scoring Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ashley

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Jan 20, 2010
I was looking over the new Varsity/JamFest scoring rubric and I had a question about level 6 (though there aren't too many level 6 coaches on here, so I'm expecting crickets).

It says under the Difficulty section: "For Level 6 Stunts: All Level 5 & 6 level appropriate skills will be considered level appropriate for scoring purposes (at least 2 different Level 6 skills are required to score in High range)."

It's clear that to get into the high section for level 6, you can't just do 4 level 5 stunting skills. But does this count for the Quantity section too? Where it says "elite" does that refer to level 5 stunts that are considered elite as well? Or just elite level 6 skills?

Also - this is just a general scoring question - have we moved away from needing a specific amount of body positions? Is doing just one fine?

@ASCheerMan @King @I don't know who else knows level 6

Sorry, I can't help, but I think @Rudags has a level 6 team in his gym this season.

As for Level 5 or 6Quantity Score, I saw on ASGA that several companies are still training their judges differently despite have a universal scoresheet (I will keep my opinions to myself) but I would urge you to reach out to someone at each event you are attending for clarification.

As far as body positions, no specific body positions needed at any level this year however it can always effect overall appeal and difficulty once you are in a range. Essentially how it was explained, if two of the same routines are competed, one with great body positions and the other with all libs, the body positions should have a slight advantage on the building skills scoresheet and perhaps overall scoresheet by a small margin.

Last edited:
As for Level 5 or 6Quantity Score, I saw on ASGA that several companies are still training their judges differently despite have a universal scoresheet (I will keep my opinions to myself) but I would urge you to reach out to someone at each event you are attending for clarification.

As far as body positions, no specific body positions needed at any level this year however it can always effect overall appeal and difficulty once you are in a range. Essentially how it was explained, if two of the same routines are competed, one with great body positions and the other with all libs, the body positions should have a slight advantage on the building skills scoresheet and perhaps overall scoresheet by a small margin.

Right, it certainly makes sense that the routine with more body positions, all other things equal, would score the same.

Justin told me that both level 6 AND level 5 elite skills should count for quantity, but of course, like you said, if judges are being trained differently that's not the case. In any case, we're small coed, so coed stunts are the only thing that should matter for the quantity points, if I'm understanding that correctly.

Here is what did for our routine.
Team of 16, 9 males.
Our stunt quantity requirement is 5

We have 6 full up to libs, single based. Our choreographer did that based on
264gec5.jpg

In our elite, we have 2 (maybe 3, we keep changing) level 6 skills and the balance are level 5.

As far as air positions, we decided to keep them to a minimum, while still highlighting strength. We have scorp, stretch arabesque. If everyone gets bendy, we may go with a bow.

Does this help at all?

Here is what did for our routine.
Team of 16, 9 males.
Our stunt quantity requirement is 5

We have 6 full up to libs, single based.

In our elite, we have 2 (maybe 3, we keep changing) level 6 skills and the balance are level 5.

As far as air positions, we decided to keep them to a minimum, while still highlighting strength. We have scorp, stretch arabesque. If everyone gets bendy, we may go with a bow.

Does this help at all?

Yes thank you! We have 4 guys, so we need 2 coed stunts. We have 3 toss awesomes or full ups (haven't decided yet). That should max out our quantity.

I like how you think 3 body positions is keeping it to a minimum :p We have a heel stretch at the moment (though we're not done with our stunt section yet). The majority of our skills are level 5 though and we need to add some level 6 to hit the high scores in the difficult section.

Soooo.......

I am not sure if you all are aware but Fierce Connection (a company I am involved with) is helping Jam do all their judges training online with videos and quizzes. And you can sign up to see all the videos for free the every Jam just has to look at and base their knowledge off of.... Would that help?

Soooo.......

I am not sure if you all are aware but Fierce Connection (a company I am involved with) is helping Jam do all their judges training online with videos and quizzes. And you can sign up to see all the videos for free the every Jam just has to look at and base their knowledge off of.... Would that help?
I'm sorry, you said free?

Yes thank you! We have 4 guys, so we need 2 coed stunts. We have 3 toss awesomes or full ups (haven't decided yet). That should max out our quantity.

I like how you think 3 body positions is keeping it to a minimum :p We have a heel stretch at the moment (though we're not done with our stunt section yet). The majority of our skills are level 5 though and we need to add some level 6 to hit the high scores in the difficult section.

Routines around here are prone to throwing in every air position known to man and then inventing a few of their own. We do a stretch to kick scorp arabesque before a double down. There was almost a riot when doubling from scorp was suggested.

I'd say add in a power press front tuck. My flyers swear they'd rather do 1000 of those than a double down. We're debating power press arabians, but the stunt changes daily now.

I have to say, its so nice having a level 6 discussion, it seems like theres so few of us!

Routines around here are prone to throwing in every air position known to man and then inventing a few of their own. We do a stretch to kick scorp arabesque before a double down. There was almost a riot when doubling from scorp was suggested.

I'd say add in a power press front tuck. My flyers swear they'd rather do 1000 of those than a double down. We're debating power press arabians, but the stunt changes daily now.

I have to say, its so nice having a level 6 discussion, it seems like theres so few of us!

We've done power press arabians in the past. We're small coed this year and we've always been large (with a separate AG6 team, now it's just one) so thinking about group stunts instead of partner stunts is a bit different!

And yes, it's nice to have a level 6 discussion. Justin Carrier knows me as the girl who bugs him about level 6 rules/scoring!

Last edited:
So jealous ya'll have level 6 teams. The closest one is a 4 hour drive to a different state and I can't make that work with coaching unfortunately. I settled for IOC5 but is just not the same. I miss level 6 pyramids.

Right, it certainly makes sense that the routine with more body positions, all other things equal, would score the same.

Justin told me that both level 6 AND level 5 elite skills should count for quantity, but of course, like you said, if judges are being trained differently that's not the case. In any case, we're small coed, so coed stunts are the only thing that should matter for the quantity points, if I'm understanding that correctly.

What gym are you with? We are Small Coed 6 this year as well.

Agreed. I'd rather do any rotational dismount over a double. Can't stand doubles. And front tucks are so much easier too

Back