High School Lib full down and libs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 2, 2022
this is my first season flying and I’ve been having some struggle with libs. My libs are inconsistent. Sometimes I hit my lib and other times I don’t. I want to know how to hit to hit it every time . Also, I have been struggling with lib full downs. I can full down I’ve done it before but my lib full downs are just a hot mess. I think I’m just throwing myself instead of actually fulling down.

this is my first season flying and I’ve been having some struggle with libs. My libs are inconsistent. Sometimes I hit my lib and other times I don’t. I want to know how to hit to hit it every time . Also, I have been struggling with lib full downs. I can full down I’ve done it before but my lib full downs are just a hot mess. I think I’m just throwing myself instead of actually fulling down.
I hear ya. To be able to help, I would need to see a couple videos of you doing libs. I'm happy to look at those and give you some recommendations.

Hi!! Some great advice is right before your about to hit the lib, make sure your hips are pushed in front of you. Stand up fast, and stay locked out and make sure your core is tight through the whole process. For a lib full down I would think about taking your opposite arm to the side your twisting and pretend your pulling a resistant band across. (Better if you actually try the drill) once you feel the tightness when twisting, try it in the air. I’d also suggest thinking about staying locked out in the position your in and core tight! I hope this makes sense :)

Back