OT Lil' Bit Irritated..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jun 24, 2010
ok i just have to vent something out. I was on a social network when I came accross a Bow site that was selling bows "inspired by the gold & silver medal winners in the Large All Girl Division from Worlds 2012" with their team/gym logos on them for $25 each. I was thinking to myself "wow that is an expensive bow" then I thought "hmmm well it does have the gym logos on it" then i thought "wait a second!! thats a bootleg bow!"

Playing devil's advocate: if the website is touting the bows as "inspired by" rather than that they are actual bows, and if they are not exact replicates of the actual bows, how are they bootleg bows?

Playing devil's advocate: if the website is touting the bows as "inspired by" rather than that they are actual bows, and if they are not exact replicates of the actual bows, how are they bootleg bows?
You can't use the gym's logo. Colors are fine, but you can't just slap on a trademarked logo.

You can't use the gym's logo. Colors are fine, but you can't just slap on a trademarked logo.
Gotcha! So it's not really then that they are "bootlegged bows" but it's TM/copyright infringement to use that logo on the bow.

Ooooooo, Betsy is gonna be on their tails about the CEA bow. Betsy was on ours when we so much as wanted to use our merchandise embroiderer to embroider a shirt without going through her first. The CEA logo is a registered trademark. They could be in SERIOUS trouble...

I get that it upsets you but how many of us own a knockoff of something else be it a purse, sunglasses or in my case knockoff hockey jerseys ordered from China, or how about all that music we knockoff of websites when it's clearly registered to the producers and artists. Is it right... no, not really but it's life.

I get that it upsets you but how many of us own a knockoff of something else be it a purse, sunglasses or in my case knockoff hockey jerseys ordered from China, or how about all that music we knockoff of websites when it's clearly registered to the producers and artists. Is it right... no, not really but it's life.
yes, but this is a much smaller scale. Betsy WILL find out about it. I can guarantee it. The owner of Coach can't stop all the knock offs because there's so many. This company will be stopped.

yes, but this is a much smaller scale. Betsy WILL find out about it. I can guarantee it. The owner of Coach can't stop all the knock offs because there's so many. This company will be stopped.
It's going to involve law suits and money that people have to give up. For such a small battle, is it worth the fight?

to betsy, it is. I'm sorry, but it is her company. She makes her living off of jewelry...and selling that logo. She will not have that.
I give her credit then! I work for a marketing company and we get designs stolen all the time and we don't even think twice about it. I'm glad she's willing to fight for what's hers!

Back