Khazakistan
India
Georgia
Hungary
Serbia
Ukraine
Dominican Republic
Finland

As for why they're not all represented at Worlds, there are various reasons. ICU cheer is different from All Star cheer, many countries don't have World qualifying bid competitions or the financial means to get to one.

I believe he was only listing countries competing at IASF Worlds, not ICU.

That is correct, but Ill update the list and annotate which is competing at which.

Last edited:
Well we have 1 Bid Event in Germany with 1 Bid per Country in the Senior Divisons, there's that

The only country with quite a bunch of Bid Events in Europe is the UK , that is why there are quite a few UK Teams competing

Other than those two countries only Switzerland has another Bid Competition as far as i know (not sure about Scandinavia), and they give out 1 At Large Bid for the highest scoring Team

Well we have 1 Bid Event in Germany with 1 Bid per Country in the Senior Divisons, there's that

The only country with a lot of Bid Events in Europe is the UK , that is why there are quite a few UK Teams competing

Other than those two countries only Switzerland has another Bid Competition as far as i know (not sure about Scandinavia), and they give out 1 At Large Bid for the highest scoring Team

Yeah ABCVE Dragons from France traveled to Germany for their bid because the only bid given out in France is to the team that wins nationals and gets to compete at ICU. Its surprising because I'm pretty sure dragons have a young enough team to compete junior at ICU, and last year CXS brought an IAG and IOC to worlds but were only allowed to bring one team to ICU (which is probably why France is so underrepresented there). Like Paris cheer could be Coed Premier with CXS being coed elite and Dragons being Junior Coed Advanced and the French pom team from IASF worlds being in the Team Pom division at ICU, but instead France only allows one team to compete at ICU at all representing the country from what I understand.

How do teams from other countries get the chance to become the team that represents their country?

Last edited:

The only country with quite a bunch of Bid Events in Europe is the UK , that is why there are quite a few UK Teams competing

Sweden is top 2 at nationals in senior 5, senior 6 ag and coed. No specific coed division in lvl 5 yet.

Fixed it!

Do you know why people compete representing England at worlds and not the U.K. or GB? I know they compete as team GB in the olympics but I thought that included North Irish, Scottish, and Welsh athletes as well as English athletes.

I think that might be down to the differentiation between the United Kingdom and Great Britain possibly? The UK is the United Kingdom of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Great Britain only contains England, Scotland and Wales. The British Isles contains Great Britain, the entire island of Ireland, and several other smaller islands, such as the Isle of Man.

I know its beyond confusing haha. However I believe Northern Irish athletes can choose to compete either Team Ireland or Team GB (many choose to compete Team Ireland as it can be easier to make squads and travel consists of a long drive rather than a flight).

Yeah ABCVE Dragons from France traveled to Germany for their bid because the only bid given out in France is to the team that wins nationals and gets to compete at ICU. Its surprising because I'm pretty sure dragons have a young enough team to compete junior at ICU, and last year CXS brought an IAG and IOC to worlds but were only allowed to bring one team to ICU (which is probably why France is so underrepresented there). Like Paris cheer could be Coed Premier with CXS being coed elite and Dragons being Junior Coed Advanced and the French pom team from IASF worlds being in the Team Pom division at ICU, but instead France only allows one team to compete at ICU at all representing the country from what I understand.

How do teams from other countries get the chance to become the team that represents their country?

For Germany we dont have a team representing the country, we have a national team which gets put together from athletes all around germany after a try out.

Interestingly, when looking at ICU there are a lot of countries competing that aren't represented at worlds, does anyone know why?
Is it because of bid requirements for worlds? The lack of a junior division?
In Australia, instead of tryouts being held, one existing allstar level 5 team is chosen to compete at ICU (2015 was our last time having a cheer team and that was SM Stars Elite from Perth) That team is generally a team that already has a team heading to the USA for worlds. I would say there's not much of a system here so that's why we're not often represented. Bids to worlds are also incredibly hard to come by here, it's about to get easier as it's now been announced that AASCF will be handing out full paid bids (an Aussie first) but I would say lack of bids and not having a consistent system is the main reason for Australia not having much ICU representation at all

Back