Music Looking For Critiques

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 31, 2011
My constructive criticism would be to:
-smooth the transitions between each piece to make them less choppy.... i.e. a lead up into each piece rather than "music - stop for voiceover with no background noise - other music"

-make sure that sound effects are on definite parts. Right now, some of the effects sound like they are meant for faster counts maybe, as they don't always quite match up to the counts of the music. Use them as a tool to emphasize specific parts of the routine, where the music could use it (when the music builds up to the big dramatic chorus part) instead of distracting from the music by putting a ton of sound effects at the very beginning of a music clip (doesn't give your brain a chance to register what song is being played!)

-make sure the clips are the same audio quality and volume level. It sounded like some clips are clearer and louder than others

-make sure the beats per minute lead into one another, so that even when the speed changes, its still easily countable as an eight count

Keep working hard and playing around with the music! The more you mess with it, the easier it'll get!:)

AWESOME! That is all I have to say!
Can you please make one for me? :D
What software did you use?
Thank you so much! :) I was really nervous about posting here. I actually used GarageBand which is free software that comes on any Mac. I'd like to eventually get something a little more advanced but this will work for now

My constructive criticism would be to:
-smooth the transitions between each piece to make them less choppy.... i.e. a lead up into each piece rather than "music - stop for voiceover with no background noise - other music"

-make sure that sound effects are on definite parts. Right now, some of the effects sound like they are meant for faster counts maybe, as they don't always quite match up to the counts of the music. Use them as a tool to emphasize specific parts of the routine, where the music could use it (when the music builds up to the big dramatic chorus part) instead of distracting from the music by putting a ton of sound effects at the very beginning of a music clip (doesn't give your brain a chance to register what song is being played!)

-make sure the clips are the same audio quality and volume level. It sounded like some clips are clearer and louder than others

-make sure the beats per minute lead into one another, so that even when the speed changes, its still easily countable as an eight count

Keep working hard and playing around with the music! The more you mess with it, the easier it'll get!:)
Thank you so much. A lot of what you said is the stuff that's been bothering me too, especially the bpm. I'm still trying to get the hang of the program, plus it's hard to create music for routines that don't exist, so hopefully it will only get better from here!

Hey guys! So I'm in the process of starting a music business, NonStop Cheer Music, and I'm looking for some critiques on the mixes I've created so far. I know they're nothing like what the big name gyms will have, but hey, you gotta start somewhere:

ETMS Cats Half Time Mix by nonstopcheermusic on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Ridgemont High School Competition Routine by nonstopcheermusic on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

CheerLoops Now OPEN!!! BOOM!!!

Back