High School Low To Low Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 13, 2017
Flyer on my team needs to get this low to low 360 but it’s not working and it looks so weird. I can’t figure out how to explain this in a way she can understand. Please watch this video and tell me what I should tell this flyer!!

Last edited:
Flyer on my team needs to get this low to low 360 but it’s not working and it looks so weird. I can’t figure out how to explain this in a way she can understand. Please watch this video and tell me what I should tell this flyer!!

Main base is making a big circle with her right hand. Needs to drive up and make a small circle. She’s pulling the tops feet out from under her. Top girl could make it easier on her bases by pulling her arms up through a t, v, touchdown motion with her spin. Side base and back need to reach for the feet early and control the stunt as quickly as possible.

The main base is stepping out to the side right before she throws the stunt and she is defiantly making to big of the circle. Agree that the flyer needs to pull her arms and to me she also looks a little loose at the top.

avoid blaming your flyer, all she can do is stand and then fall with style in this moment. main base needs to get to work.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I am a coach bt I was always a flyer. When I see a funky stunt all I know is “flyer stay tight squeeze!” It’s so hard for a past flyer to coach bases bc I never learned their parts of the stunts. Your advice was so helpful! I went in yesterday and told the main base what she was doing wrong and all of a sudden the stunt hit! Thanks :)

Thanks for the advice everyone! I am a coach bt I was always a flyer. When I see a funky stunt all I know is “flyer stay tight squeeze!” It’s so hard for a past flyer to coach bases bc I never learned their parts of the stunts. Your advice was so helpful! I went in yesterday and told the main base what she was doing wrong and all of a sudden the stunt hit! Thanks :)
When the season settles down, get in there and throw some stuff with your kids. They'll be pumped to see you 'try basing' and doing so will give you a bit more understanding about what bases need to understand within themselves. Happy stunting!

Tell the flyer a full up is like zipping a zipper, but right now she's doing it like she's throwing a frisbee. When she moves her hand like that it yanks the flyers foot out from underneath her and makes her fall back.

Tell the main to keep her elbow down and to wait to spin the full around until its past her eyebrows (She probably won't ever wait that long but even getting her to wait to spin it until her nose would be an improvement enough to probably save it).

You just took a huge step as a coach. You said, “I don’t know, but I’ll find out.” Then you went out and found out. Being able to own the fact that you may not know instead of beating a dead horse is a big deal in building an environment of trust with your athletes.

The next piece of advice I have is to ALWAYS involve the whole group in any correction. If you correct the flyer in a big way, correct the bases in a little way. If you’re convinced that somebody did their job 100% correctly, reinforce that with them by correcting the rest of the group, validating that the one person did what you wanted the to, and then add a “now they’re going to make a change, don’t let that affect you, keep doing what you just did.” By involving the whole group, you’re sending the message that it’s not base stunting, back stunting, or flyer stunting, it’s “group” stunting or “partner” stunting,

Back