Mental Block

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My cp must be having a growth spurt and a mental block. She can do a skill one day and then two days later it's gone. We were excited about her punch front to full and cartwheel full just a couple of weeks ago. Now she comes to a dead stop on her punch front. Doesn't twist on her cartwheel full. And even has issues with her running full which she has had for a year and a half. It frustrates both of us. But now I can talk to her about growing and her learning to adjust to even a half inch difference. Maybe she will stop stressing about it. I hope.
Patience is a hard thing for us moms! She'll get there!

Patience is a hard thing for us moms! She'll get there!
Thanks. Yep. It is. Funny it's her sport, her passion, but I am the one who gets frustrated lol or just as frustrated as she does. She begged me to let her do this when she was five. It never crossed my mind to sign her up for cheer. Now that she drug me into it kicking and screaming :) I am just as passionate about it as she is. who would have known... :)

I've had a mental block on all backwards tumbling going on 2.5 years now I can honestly say I've said "I might as well just quit" because it's just easier than trying anymore when I have no idea how I can help myself. I don't even know what causes it.
Sorry you're feeling this way! I'd be curious to know what you've tried already. I work with girls on fears and blocks. Message me if you want to chat a bit :)

Back