Mental Blocks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 23, 2011
How do you get rid of a mental block quickly? i have a terrible mental block. i have been cheering all my life but recently i became terrified to do any tumbling (even with a spot) but now my coach is saying if i dont tumble im off our competition team for school.. HELP!

Theres no specific cure. Its just about you telling yourself that you can do it and gaining the confidence to throw ypur skills!! Believe in yourself and pray for god to give you strength:) goodluck

My daughter has been afraid to tumble for awhile. Start with a spot. Nothing can go wrong if you listen to what they tell you to do and do it right. Anyways, they are professionally trained to teach you all of this. Slowly work your way up to tumbling alone. Tell yourself you can do it!

i have a terrible mental block too i think the only way to get over it like CNYcheermom says is to do something with a spot you can do it you just have to push and have the right technique and power :]

As ridiculous as this may sound, I know a few people who saw a professional hypnotist. And it actually worked for them. Whether you actually believe in it...that's another story.

How do you get rid of a mental block quickly? i have a terrible mental block. i have been cheering all my life but recently i became terrified to do any tumbling (even with a spot) but now my coach is saying if i dont tumble im off our competition team for school.. HELP!

you have to keep telling yourself that you can throw the skill, and that you will throw the skill. the more you tell yourself this the more your going to start to beleive it, until finally you know its true and poof the mental blocks gone:)

you just have to work through slowly and start off like a beginner until your comfortable again. a girl on my team just got over a mental she had for more than 6 months. she went from having one of the prettiest layouts ive ever seen to being afraid of back handsprings. but now shes back throwing layouts and working fulls. you just have to work through it but you'll get over it :)

Back