Mental Blocks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have had a huge block for tumbling. It is getting better now though. I just NEED to do what I am supposed to every practice, even though it may take me an hour/or two just to do it once! It is actually getting better though. I also like to have a coach spotting me the first time, not any of my teammates.. Hope this helps! :)

I have had a huge block for tumbling. It is getting better now though. I just NEED to do what I am supposed to every practice, even though it may take me an hour/or two just to do it once! It is actually getting better though. I also like to have a coach spotting me the first time, not any of my teammates.. Hope this helps! :)

Try going on Debbie Love's website Heard this was a great inspirational site for tumblers with mental blocks!

Having a major block on getting my round off tuck! I have done it once but never again....help. Try outs are soon!
one big thing is to keep at it. I've pretty much had a consistent mind block for about 5 years after a foot/ankle injury. If I would've kept at it, I probably would be tumbling right now! Unfortunately, I was injured again, and am on physical therapy 'leave', but I would kill to be actually throwing tumbling myself right now!
just don't give up on it! keep working and it'll hopefully eventually go away and you'll be great! :)

Having a major block on getting my round off tuck! I have done it once but never again....help. Try outs are soon!
“Breaking Free”

Debbie Love's article really helps. I had a huge mental block on my full for months. I couldn't do a full any more, but I could double. It was terrible. All you need is a good coach who clicks with you and you are able to succeed with, confidence, and a positive attitude and you WILL overcome it! :) Now, I have my full back and it is better than ever, and my double is being perfected. Confidence is key:) Good luck!

i remember i had THE WORST block. just imagine yourself doing it flawlessly in your mind over and over. after awhile your mind gets the hang of it and you actually want to try it.

Back