All-Star message board courtesy

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ACEDAD

Named "Best Veteran" meaning "Most Attractive".
Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
With the bigger nationals upon us, please, please keep a few things in mind. I'm old and don't like to YELL at people.

1. In a thread of results/updates, it is really better if you didn't constantly post "yay for ?????, I'm so happy for them". There's usually a commentary thread. Please use it.
2. Don't jump in the middle of a thread and ask "anyone hear about ?????" without scrolling through the thread (and looking for other threads) first. Yes, you'll get an answer (and I will usually answer if I can), but everyone will secretly despise you for not taking at least a few minutes of YOUR precious time to look first.
3. USE THE SEARCH BOX! The search box is your friend and will find all the magic answers. If you don't use the search box, everyone will secretly despise you.
4. If you have a question about a competition (JamFest, UCA, Cheersport, etc), at least look at their website first so that you can ask an intelligent question. If you ask about something that is posted on the front of their main page, everyone will secretly despise you.
5. Don't use all caps unless you are yelling. If I used all caps above, then I was yelling and intended for you to read it as such.
6. Please quote with discretion. Learn to eliminate all of the extraneous information in the quoted text and leave only that upon which you are commenting. It makes the conversation flow much more smoothly.
7. If you need information from a specific person, use a PM. That's Private Message and means others don't have to read irrelevant posts.
8. If you have real, actual information, please feel free to share. If it's a rumour that you heard through 5 other people, you might want to keep it to yourself.

Thank you for your time.

ACEDAD said:
With the bigger nationals upon us, please, please keep a few things in mind. I'm old and don't like to YELL at people.

1. In a thread of results/updates, it is really better if you didn't constantly post "yay for ?????, I'm so happy for them". There's usually a commentary thread. Please use it.
2. Don't jump in the middle of a thread and ask "anyone hear about ?????" without scrolling through the thread (and looking for other threads) first. Yes, you'll get an answer (and I will usually answer if I can), but everyone will secretly despise you for not taking at least a few minutes of YOUR precious time to look first.
3. USE THE SEARCH BOX! The search box is your friend and will find all the magic answers. If you don't use the search box, everyone will secretly despise you.
4. If you have a question about a competition (JamFest, UCA, Cheersport, etc), at least look at their website first so that you can ask an intelligent question. If you ask about something that is posted on the front of their main page, everyone will secretly despise you.
5. Don't use all caps unless you are yelling. If I used all caps above, then I was yelling and intended for you to read it as such.
6. Please quote with discretion. Learn to eliminate all of the extraneous information in the quoted text and leave only that upon which you are commenting. It makes the conversation flow much more smoothly.
7. If you need information from a specific person, use a PM. That's Private Message and means others don't have to read irrelevant posts.
8. If you have real, actual information, please feel free to share. If it's a rumour that you heard through 5 other people, you might want to keep it to yourself.

Thank you for your time.

This one is first & foremost. This is not an information desk, I trust that everyone is capable of being resourceful....

Perhaps we should start a wolf pack? sort of like in the hangover. But instead of looking for strippers and cocaine in Las Vegas we can look for people who capitalize their posts and the people who are too lazy to use the search bar on the fierceboards. Then we can give them the wrong information. C'mon, It'll be fun! :run away:

PghxCheer said:
Perhaps we should start a wolf pack? sort of like in the hangover. But instead of looking for strippers and cocaine in Las Vegas we can look for people who capitalize their posts and the people who are too lazy to use the search bar on the fierceboards. Then we can give them the wrong information. C'mon, It'll be fun! :run away:
hahaaaha! :lol!:

I had forgotten all about this. Can't believe it's been exactly a year.

Always good to get a reminder. I was thinking about this same thing yesterday reading the Jamfest day 1 thread. I wonder how many times people asked for a score that someone just posted or how many people reported the same set of scores.

You replied a year ago!!!!!!!!!! This is an old thread brought back up!

hmm, i'm almost sure that is not my post. i would never use " :lol:! "

perhaps i had left my account on and a friend used it? ugh, whatever.

thank you for clarifying that this was from a year ago. i had a minor freak out.

hmm, i'm almost sure that is not my post. i would never use " :lol:! "

perhaps i had left my account on and a friend used it? ugh, whatever.

thank you for clarifying that this was from a year ago. i had a minor freak out.

Sure, and I think that LOL may have actually been a smiley on the old board, hence the : : around it.

Back