High School Michigan High School Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's so funny to see people's reactions. To us, this format is in the norm. I didn't know other states did it differently until last year. I even talked to my coach asking if we would ever switch over to the standard cheerleading, and she said probably not because most coaches like this different format.
ME TOOOO!!!! I've been a Michigan conpetitive cheerleader until I moved to Indiana (today actually) and I've been on allstar (driving 2 hours from mi for practice)since may. It's sooooooo different!!!!!! And you don't realize it until you are in a different state! We really don't even have allstar gyms near us in Michigan tbh

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Lol teams that have screechy, girly voices get made fun of. We're told to use 'football voices' :)
Pet peeve is the high, screechy voices! Uggghhhh :( I'm so glad I'm allstar now and we have music. I haaaated that Michigan hs cheer didn't allow music.

I also didn't know that other states didn't have competitive cheer (at least to my knowledge, the schools in Indiana near me don't have any kind of competitive cheer through school, only all star gyms). They only have sideline and basketball cheer!! My mind was completely blown.

ME TOOOO!!!! I've been a Michigan conpetitive cheerleader until I moved to Indiana (today actually) and I've been on allstar (driving 2 hours from mi for practice)since may. It's sooooooo different!!!!!! And you don't realize it until you are in a different state! We really don't even have allstar gyms near us in Michigan tbh

Yeah the only gym around me is in ohio, and its not too far away, but they have teams of like 10 girls, and they're all in middle or elementary school. I'd rather stick with high school cheer.

Yeah the only gym around me is in ohio, and its not too far away, but they have teams of like 10 girls, and they're all in middle or elementary school. I'd rather stick with high school cheer.
The closest gym was two+ hours away in Lansing and I just can't handle that. I drove two hours one way for the two months before I moved down, and that was tough!! But you can't be on allstar and hs cheer in Michigan!

ESPECIALLY three 2:30 minute rounds!!!! It does NOT make for a good rest of the weekend!!!!
Our whole team literally passes out once we get off the mat. Then we go out the school doors and sit on the sidewalk for ten minutes trying to revive ourselves.

The closest gym was two+ hours away in Lansing and I just can't handle that. I drove two hours one way for the two months before I moved down, and that was tough!! But you can't be on allstar and hs cheer in Michigan!
I know! It sucks. And yet the volleyball girls can be on travel teams and high school teams.

Our whole team literally passes out once we get off the mat. Then we go out the school doors and sit on the sidewalk for ten minutes trying to revive ourselves.
Yeah!!! You give it your ALL for 2:30 only to have to do it TWO MORE TIMES! It's ridiculous!

Yes!!!! And the fact that we can't practice in sports bras or have crop top uniforms! Body suits SUCK.
I'm so glad we only have full body ones that snap for sideline. We got new unis my freshman year, so our body suits are cropped. But I wish we could get fancier unis, and have boys on our team.

And I'm gonna be honest, Stevenson is awesome, but I love Southgates format better, with all the tumbling. We were on the side watching them at states this year, and we got chills.

I'm so glad we only have full body ones that snap for sideline. We got new unis my freshman year, so our body suits are cropped. But I wish we could get fancier unis, and have boys on our team.
I will forever hate body suits! The snaps wear out soooo easy (mine never did, but everyone else's did) and theirs would come undone! I ended up getting one with no snaps as my second bodysuit, which I thought would suck, but mine was sooooo long (which is good because Im 5'10) that I was easily able to just pull it if I needed to use the bathroom. And coed would be amazing! Even if it was allowed, we wouldn't have had any guys on our team :(

I will forever hate body suits! The snaps wear out soooo easy (mine never did, but everyone else's did) and theirs would come undone! I ended up getting one with no snaps as my second bodysuit, which I thought would suck, but mine was sooooo long (which is good because Im 5'10) that I was easily able to just pull it if I needed to use the bathroom. And coed would be amazing! Even if it was allowed, we wouldn't have had any guys on our team :(
I always hated how flimsy the sleeves were. We aren't allowed to wear sweatshirts for sideline (our team never orders any), So I have to wear an under armour underneath, but neither help in the pouring rain. And that sucks :( This year is the first year we might have one or two boys on our sideline team.

Back