OT Missing A Place Or A Time

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Aug 9, 2011
A lot of my adult life has been spent volunteering in African countries in one way or another. I am a teacher and I spent my first 5 summer holidays out in South Africa, Mozambique and Uganda. In 2009 I gave up my teaching job to go out and live in Rwanda for a year and be a volunteer teacher there, I had the BEST time :) I have been back in the UK just a little over a year and I am really missing the friends and the lifestyle I had over there. This is only to be expected and the way I cope is to go through photos of my time there. :)

26892_609348004889_33801366_35011596_8162786_n.jpg

Playing outside my house with the local village kids (bet you can't spot which one I am :D) , gosh I miss them. We used to have wicked parties and I'd get them clothes sent from home and we'd have fashion parades. Once a friend sent out balloons and party hats and blowers, THAT was so much fun :)

So tonight thats what I have been doing. And it got me thinking what place or time in your life do you miss?

Cheering! I miss it so much :( I really regret not starting earlier so my tumbling would have been a lot better and I would have been more motivated to go to an allstar gym. When I decided to stop I just hated tumbling so much because I was so bad at it and getting blocks that I just never felt the motivation to keep doing it unfortunately.

4434bad5-8793-01e6.jpg
I miss being a kid. Like I mean I know I'm 23 I'm still young but I loved high school so much. Like I literally wish I could go back and be a freshman and go for another 4 years. Seriously the best time of my life.

I really enjoyed school the first 2 years but I had a baby though and didn't get to enjoy my last 2 years like I should have. I could never go anywhere or do anything. My parents brought me a brand new car but they wouldn't let me work because they wanted me to graduate and thought since I had a baby I wouldn't. It was hard but I don't regret it or her. I mean I wish I made better decisions for myself but all it took was 1 time with her dad and I got pregnant.
That news was devastating in 10th grade and it really made me grow up..

So yes I miss it so much and often reflect on high school and I would be thrilled to go back.

But just because I miss it .. That's pretty much it. I wouldn't change the biggest blessing I have in my life and thats my 6 year old daughter. I wouldn't be where I am today without her!!
4434bad5-8683-2abe.jpg

4434bad5-8793-01e6.jpg
I miss being a kid. Like I mean I know I'm 23 I'm still young but I loved high school so much. Like I literally wish I could go back and be a freshman and go for another 4 years. Seriously the best time of my life.

I really enjoyed school the first 2 years but I had a baby though and didn't get to enjoy my last 2 years like I should have. I could never go anywhere or do anything. My parents brought me a brand new car but they wouldn't let me work because they wanted me to graduate and thought since I had a baby I wouldn't. It was hard but I don't regret it or her. I mean I wish I made better decisions for myself but all it took was 1 time with her dad and I got pregnant.
That news was devastating in 10th grade and it really made me grow up..

So yes I miss it so much and often reflect on high school and I would be thrilled to go back.

But just because I miss it .. That's pretty much it. I wouldn't change the biggest blessing I have in my life and thats my 6 year old daughter. I wouldn't be where I am today without her!!
4434bad5-8683-2abe.jpg

Haha I had posted the wrong pic at top and that's my fault.. It's cool it's there lol but meant to only post the last one!!

I'd go back to the Spring of 2011... So far, it's been the absolute BEST few months of my life... Everything just went so perfectly back then and before we know it, it will be spring 2012.

I miss being on study abroad. For my university, a large group of us went all over western Europe through a faculty led program and it was the trip of a lifetime. If you ever get the chance to visit other countries, do it! It'll give you a new outlook on life.
At Versailles: (one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen...this photo doesn't do it justice)
dmphzn.jpg

On the Riviera:
35l9tfc.jpg

By Neuschwanstein Castle:
2ro2gja.jpg

Back