Music!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 30, 2016
just wanted to see what music producers people are using and really like...wanted to post in music but I'm a newbie... :(
Would love to hear recommendations.

Oh sorry. No like the actual producers/mixers. I am willing to pay up to $800 for a mix just not sure who the best company is to go with.
$800 !? Wow thats alot. The top producers in the Cheer Music Industry are currently : NewLevelMusic: CheerMusicPro/CheerFreqs/TwistedCutz & more , Extreme Traxx Productions, Custom Grooves(Kyle Blitch) , IPP Music, CheerSounds.
Hope this helps!

$800 !? Wow thats alot. The top producers in the Cheer Music Industry are currently : NewLevelMusic: CheerMusicPro/CheerFreqs/TwistedCutz & more , Extreme Traxx Productions, Custom Grooves(Kyle Blitch) , IPP Music, CheerSounds.
Hope this helps!
That's what costs are going to start to look like with the new music rules. For the average mix, at least. IDK what big name teams are paying for theirs.

I just paid 925.00 for a completely original track mix from cheersounds... I don't regret it ONE BIT ... -They know what they are doing and this is to alternate with my VROC music for CIF, Rival Rally and local comp.

I just paid 925.00 for a completely original track mix from cheersounds... I don't regret it ONE BIT ... -They know what they are doing and this is to alternate with my VROC music for CIF, Rival Rally and local comp.
925 even seems low to me. I am a sound designer in the commercial ad world. Have been working in some form of commercial music most of my life. A thirty second piece of original music would run anywhere from 15-25K Now I understand the use of a cheer mix is nominal in comparison to a national campaign that runs for the better part of a year. You might use it 6 times a year. Still, this is original content. I think 925 bucks is a great deal if you like their sound. I think the bigger question is why varsity can't pay the very inexpensive blanket license fee's associated with your average performance mix. They make millions off comp fees and can't pay a $5000 in licensing? Absurd. Maybe I don't understand what exactly is happening in a cheer mix.

925 even seems low to me. I am a sound designer in the commercial ad world. Have been working in some form of commercial music most of my life. A thirty second piece of original music would run anywhere from 15-25K Now I understand the use of a cheer mix is nominal in comparison to a national campaign that runs for the better part of a year. You might use it 6 times a year. Still, this is original content. I think 925 bucks is a great deal if you like their sound. I think the bigger question is why varsity can't pay the very inexpensive blanket license fee's associated with your average performance mix. They make millions off comp fees and can't pay a $5000 in licensing? Absurd. Maybe I don't understand what exactly is happening in a cheer mix.
I think it's reasonable... The WORK put into those mixes... The effort it takes for voice overs, sound effects, back beats, etc.

I like the idea of varsity covering the costs of the licensing.... Theoretically theyd be purchasing the rights to have those songs played at their events, right? If varisty was truly, truly evil, they wouldn't have to even use their own money - it could just be a part of the registration fee for the competitions. It would make everyone share the burden of the music license costs rather than doing it at the producing level. If varsity bought rights for all their events and then teams made sure to only use songs covered in the licensing and to only go to those varsity events, it would ensure that teams use them and not their competitiors. They could edge the other EPs out of the business unless the other EPs bought the same licensing, which would be a harder hit on them, or teams had two mixes, which is a hassle and unlikely. This is a truly evil (but genuis) scheme. They'd REALLY corner the market.

P.S. - My brother is graduating this year and is going into sound design. Neat to see a sound designer on the board!

Last edited:
I like the idea of varsity covering the costs of the licensing.... Theoretically theyd be purchasing the rights to have those songs played at their events, right? If varisty was truly, truly evil, they wouldn't have to even use their own money - it could just be apart of the registration fee for the competitions. It would make everyone share the burden of the music license costs rather than doing it at the producing level. If varsity bought rights for all their events and then teams made sure to only use songs covered in the licensing and to only go to varsity events, it would ensure that teams use them and not their competitiors. They could edge the other EPs out of the business unless the other EPs bought the same licensing, which would be a harder hit on them, or teams had two mixes, which is a hassle and unlikely. This is a truly evil (but genuis) scheme. They'd REALLY corner the market.

P.S. - My brother is graduating this year and is going into sound design. Neat to see a sound designer on the board!
giphy.gif

just wanted to see what music producers people are using and really like...wanted to post in music but I'm a newbie... :(
Would love to hear recommendations.
If you are a coach then you can go into the coaches section and ask some advice in a safe place. They are very helpful in there.

Click on the section and it will give instructions to PM @Weezy with information about your program.

Everyone is speculating about the cost increases but no one really knows what they will be. The market will probably decide, not us.

Back