My Grandaughter Cheers At "cheer Perfection" Studio

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 4, 2012
She is friends with several of the girls featured on the show. This is so unreal I was so embarrased I could not finish watching it. The two mom's that are supposed to be enemies are good friends and I have met them at cheer comps. and pagaents and I have never heard either cuss. These Mom's don't go out for drinks. My grandaughter asked why did they act that way it isn't true? She had been so excited to see show because there were a couple of shot of her. She is very disappointed!!!

Wow that is so sad I would be embarrassed to. At my gym MTV came and videoed us but no one bought the show it was so fake what they had put together.

I am sorry that those moms felt the desire for fame so badly that they had to do those things. It really ruined that gym, because really now you are only going to get drama mamas who are seeking the same. The worse is that these adults (including the owners) made these horrible decisions and it impacts the kids.

I am so sorry to hear that these kids are being hurt by such horrible decisions the adults here are making. I am sorry you are having to deal with the fall out from all of this. Perhaps by joining this board, you can find other gyms near you that have a positive environment. Again, I am so sorry your family is having to deal with the fall out of other people's bad decisions.

I should say I can't believe that this is happening to the reputation of the cheer industry, but I can believe it. It's 2 steps forward and 10 steps back to where cheerleading is becoming acknowledged as a legitimate activity and on its way to being a sport. Those who are acting so foolishly are singlehandedly destroying what we have strived so hard to create over all of these years. Please stop and think about what you do and say to those who are not familiar with the cheer world and attempt to educate them as to this show is NOT the world that our children love and live in everyday of their cheer lives!!!

I agree. As a parent who has spent a lot of times with my kids in doctor's offices, I truly feel that cameras have no place there. That was not conversation was something that should not have been aired publicly. Sure the parents can give consent and all, but parents do not own their kids and the kids are the ones who have to deal with the fallout. I also feel like the doctor should have asked the camera people to leave when he told her that.

it kills me to see some of the things people were saying about brooke. she has a fractured back for cryin' out loud! Im scared to do anything right now with a pulled back muscle-which is nowhere near as bad of an injury as hers!don't expect her to walk off it with perfect tumbling! It takes time! this poor little girl doesn't need to be bullied. it's terrible.

I agree. As a parent who has spent a lot of times with my kids in doctor's offices, I truly feel that cameras have no place there. That was not conversation was something that should not have been aired publicly. Sure the parents can give consent and all, but parents do not own their kids and the kids are the ones who have to deal with the fallout. I also feel like the doctor should have asked the camera people to leave when he told her that.
TLC probably paid the doctor to say that.

Well, it seemed they were trying to make the cheer version of Dance Moms, IMO. It was ridiculous. It would be neat if they showed actual reality instead of that staged crap.

Well, it seemed they were trying to make the cheer version of Dance Moms, IMO. It was ridiculous. It would be neat if they showed actual reality instead of that staged crap.
I think we could all stomach and brush off those moms if the kids they showed were actually vying for spots on the level team they should be on age and skill wise, instead of making it seem like the coach's daughter who has a full might not make a youth level 2 team because she has an injured finger. One of the reasons I am able to watch Dance Moms is that despite the mama drama the kids seem to have (to this dance outsider) solid skills and are competing at levels that are correct for their abilities.

I think we could all stomach and brush off those moms if the kids they showed were actually vying for spots on the level team they should be on age and skill wise, instead of making it seem like the coach's daughter who has a full might not make a youth level 2 team because she has an injured finger. One of the reasons I am able to watch Dance Moms is that despite the mama drama the kids seem to have (to this dance outsider) solid skills and are competing at levels that are correct for their abilities.
Especially considering her full was not all that impressive and I wasn't very impressed with the coaching that they show cased either. Maybe the coaches and athletes they featured are not as bad as they made them seem however I believe this program is a complete disgrace.

Back