All-Star My Take On Worlds 2021

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This convo made me ask how many LAG6 have existed in my recent memory (outside of the usual 5.) I am bad with years but I definitely remember:

ACE (back when either Chiefs or Warriors was Large Coed they had both I think? Or am I making it up?)
CheerTyme Love (I don't know if that is still a gym)
CheerSport Sharks had one but I forget the name
Texas Cheer RED (I don't know if this gym is still in existence either?)
Cheer Savannah Lady Lace was once large too.
CEA had a 2nd LAG6 (LOT - out of the same location I think which is still wild when I think about it)
Cali Midnight

There has to be more.
Chiefs were large all girl, Warriors were large coed for a while.
Cheer Tyme no longer exists in VA (where Love was)
CheerSport had Smallfin Sharks in 2019
As mentioned Texas Cheer no longer exists

Other recent Large Senior AG teams include
Pittsburgh Supermodels (which is now Rockstar Pittsburgh)
Fire & Ice 5 Alarm
HotCheer (gym no longer exists)
Flyers All Starz
KC Cheer Fearless (has gone small/x-small recently)
FAME Icons (Super Seniors were also large back before medium was a thing)

For large coed:
ICE Snowed (been around for a while, but had different names and used to be under UA, quarter season team that usually forms around February/March)
Oregon Dream Teams for several years (now open coed)
Spirit Athletics for several years
FAME Vengeance (went open coed)
Pro Cheer (was around for a looong time, even globed in 2011)
Cheer Eclipse Comets (went open coed)

If we go back a little further we also get:
Large Senior:
WE Generals
FAME Super Seniors
FCA Diamonds (gym no longer exists)
Marlins Tsunami (gym doesn't exist)
PCM Angels
Spirit Explosion
Stingrays Peach (this one the teams just switched divisions)
Stingrays Spice (R5/now level 5 team that went for a worlds bid)
All Star One
Charlotte All Stars Gold
MACs All Stars
State All Stars
Cheers & More

Large Coed:
CEA Charlotte
ACX Wild Jagz (freakin loved this team)
Flyers All Starz
GymTyme Onyx
Titan Cheer Elite
Cheer Illinois Athletics
Cheer Central Suns (really loved this team here too)
UA Prodigy (sadly this gym no longer exists)
ICC/ICE (when ICC became ICE)
Tribe Cheer Renegades

Now some of these teams were only around for a season or two, but this is most teams back to 2011, I did leave out a couple that had only been around for a year and weren't very well known. If we go back to 2010 and earlier, there's even more.

Chiefs were large all girl, Warriors were large coed for a while.
Cheer Tyme no longer exists in VA (where Love was)
CheerSport had Smallfin Sharks in 2019
As mentioned Texas Cheer no longer exists

Other recent Large Senior AG teams include
Pittsburgh Supermodels (which is now Rockstar Pittsburgh)
Fire & Ice 5 Alarm
HotCheer (gym no longer exists)
Flyers All Starz
KC Cheer Fearless (has gone small/x-small recently)
FAME Icons (Super Seniors were also large back before medium was a thing)

For large coed:
ICE Snowed (been around for a while, but had different names and used to be under UA, quarter season team that usually forms around February/March)
Oregon Dream Teams for several years (now open coed)
Spirit Athletics for several years
FAME Vengeance (went open coed)
Cheer Eclipse Comets (went open coed)

If we go back a little further we also get:
Large Senior:
WE Generals
FAME Super Seniors
FCA Diamonds (gym no longer exists)
Marlins Tsunami (gym doesn't exist)
PCM Angels
Spirit Explosion
Stingrays Peach (this one the teams just switched divisions)
Stingrays Spice (R5/now level 5 team that went for a worlds bid)
All Star One
Charlotte All Stars Gold
MACs All Stars
State All Stars
Cheers & More

Large Coed:
CEA Charlotte
ACX Wild Jagz (freakin loved this team)
Flyers All Starz
GymTyme Onyx
Titan Cheer Elite
Cheer Illinois Athletics
Cheer Central Suns (really loved this team here too)
UA Prodigy (sadly this gym no longer exists)
ICC/ICE (when ICC became ICE)
Tribe Cheer Renegades

Now some of these teams were only around for a season or two, but this is most teams back to 2011, I did leave out a couple that had only been around for a year and weren't very well known. If we go back to 2010 and earlier, there's even more.

I felt like there was a PA area large 5 but couldn't remember where it was from or if I had just imagined it!

I actually really liked Fame Vengeance and Cali Coed as Large Coed! Would love to see them back!

Agreed. I would say at least 80% of my favorite mixes are all from between 2011-2013. I will say that there are quite a few recent mixes that I thoroughly enjoy, but nothing will ever compare.

oh my heart <3

you’re speaking my language here. Although I’m a bit biased because this was the first year I started cheer so this music will always hold a special place in my heart. A ton of iconic mixes that I know all of the choreo to lol

Kyle has a very… ‘special’ sound that can definitely take some getting used to but his lady bullet’s worlds mix will forever live rent free in my head and other than that who could forget Panthers 2011 or Senior Elite 2011?!?!

I do have to say that 2012 produced a ton of great top notch mixes from JR specifically. I think every producer has their ‘prime year’ and 2012 was definitely one for him.

People are posting a ton of these old lost and forgotten mixes on SoundCloud under different usernames. I think F5ORDIE is one of the profiles.

EDIT: oops I meant to quote Eyes On The Prize here.

Last edited:
For large coed:

The gym is still around. This was where we started in the Allstar world. They only have Summit teams now. Their Large Coed went Med around 2017 I think. Then they went L5. The team is still called Eagles.

Was the last season for actual songs in cheer music 16-17 or before that? That is the last season I remember hearing real music in mixes but I could be wrong.

Was the last season for actual songs in cheer music 16-17 or before that? That is the last season I remember hearing real music in mixes but I could be wrong.

I’m pretty sure it was actually 2015-2016.

It actually makes me wonder because 2016-2017 mixes had a ton of generic, what I’m assuming was royalty-free, music in them which is probably why it sounded like “real music” but I’m curious as to why music producers don’t use a lot of those songs any more. Was the licensing too expensive? It feels like producers use them once in awhile nowadays but the other 98% of the mix is cringey voiceovers and abrupt transitions. Either that or it sounds like they record their own original songs which sound god awful (I know it sounds harsh but it’s just my opinion)

It’s funny because I also feel like the 2016-2017 season mixes were markedly better than the following years mixes (also just my opinion) because it felt like there was a real effort to adhere to that ‘original style’ of mixing before the new rules came out. Any mixes after that season sound kinda bleh. Like someone just breezed through making them.

I wonder why music producers don’t do more to find ways around the rules like cover songs or recreating popular beats. I also know next to nothing about licensing or royalties when it comes to music so there’s probably a ton of hoops they need to jump through to make it work but it would be interesting to know the ins and outs so I could have a better understanding. I’d love to know if producers have just kinda lost the motivation to put the extra effort in to each and every mix they get bombarded with every year or if it has more to do with the rules surrounding the music.
I also know the boards beat this topic in to the ground when these new rules were first announced but I barely remember what was discussed back then. Perhaps cheer music has just evolved and I should learn to love it lol but it’s sooo lame :(

I felt like there was a PA area large 5 but couldn't remember where it was from or if I had just imagined it!

I actually really liked Fame Vengeance and Cali Coed as Large Coed! Would love to see them back!
Yea, I did leave out the obvious ones that everyone knows like Cali Coed, Coed Elite, and F5. Fire & Ice, Hotcheer, FCA, Pittsburgh Supermodels, and State are all from PA.

The gym is still around. This was where we started in the Allstar world. They only have Summit teams now. Their Large Coed went Med around 2017 I think. Then they went L5. The team is still called Eagles.
Yes, the gym is very much still around. Meant that the large coed team was around for a long time. I loved them back around 2010-2011.

There are way too many divisions. When you see nearly 1,000 people walking through the Orlando airport wearing a gold medal it's almost sad. Although unrealistic, I personally would be happy with 4 divisions total. I would rather see that and have a D2 Worlds the following weekend with the same 4 divisions than the ridiculousness of nearly 30 divisions we have now.

There are way too many divisions. When you see nearly 1,000 people walking through the Orlando airport wearing a gold medal it's almost sad. Although unrealistic, I personally would be happy with 4 divisions total. I would rather see that and have a D2 Worlds the following weekend with the same 4 divisions than the ridiculousness of nearly 30 divisions we have now.

I was actually doing okay keeping up til they added Senior Open in addition to IO.

Me all weekend: "wait is ___ IOLC6 or SOLC6? Did I miss them? Do they still go against ---?"

I have the hardest time remembering who is (example) still IOLC v. who went SOLC as I feel like those teams switch out every season.

Particular to Worlds, I understand the dislike for having both the senior open vs international divisions. The problem is the intense disagreement most US teams have for the drastic scoresheet de-emphasis on tumbling and the geographic quotas for finals for the "international" divisions. If your perspective is from outside the US, you likely have a strikingly different opinion about that. I don't see either side caving, so I imagine we will continue to have both divisions.

There are similar disagreements about other divisions, usually with different people feeling strongly on both sides.

I agree there are FAR too many divisions all the way up and down. I can think of no sport that divides up teams in as many different ways as we do. Age (with different floors/ceilings at different skill levels), difficulty of skills allowed, team size, gender mix, how "serious" you are (elite/prep/novice), specific skills sets allowed, whether you tumble at all (NT), whether you tumble at same level you stunt (4.2), whether tumbling counts as much as stunts (USASF) or far less (IASF), the size of your gym (D1/D2), whether your gym uses the same name as other gyms (D1/D2), etc. I imagine I left out other ways we divide teams. (This doesn't even count that we completely change scoring systems for the World Championships.)

There are arguments to be made for/against each, but all together we have a crazy maze of divisions. However, I don't see things changing.

i have to wonder if they will eliminate the non tumbling division or if the division slowly diminishes possibly at some point now that they have the extra small divisions and more open teams.... just a random thought

Back