All-Star Nacp The Tryout "rules"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thou shalt not post flyers in the competitors' gym advertising your tryouts. (yep, it happened).

Another one for coaches:
Thou shalt say what you mean and mean what you say. (Which means as per your most recent email, I expect EVERYONE to be placed on their age appropriate team.)

I love how when coaches do that the e-mails start flooding in about Suzie not wanting be on teams with babies or how Suzie needs to be with older/better kids to be pushed and threatening to quit if they are not moved. Well, there is the door.....

I love how when coaches do that the e-mails start flooding in about Suzie not wanting be on teams with babies or how Suzie needs to be with older/better kids to be pushed and threatening to quit if they are not moved. Well, there is the door.....
How I wish they would just do that! Sometimes coaches and owners just need the balls to take back their gyms from Susie's mom. And if SM threatens to take Susie elsewhere let them go. Better for everyone in the long run, coaches, athletes and parents.

How I wish they would just do that! Sometimes coaches and owners just need the balls to take back their gyms from Susie's mom. And if SM threatens to take Susie elsewhere let them go. Better for everyone in the long run, coaches, athletes and parents.

:chestbump: I know how difficult it is to believe you have put together the best teams possible. To fret, fight, and constantly readjust team stunt group scenarios; to spend countless hours before and after tryouts losing sleep trying to do the best thing for the entire program and before the first practice they are ripped apart because people are not happy with their personal placements.

I get those coaches/programs that just give them what they want because they don't want that fight and don't want to lose that income. They would rather keep them in the program, readjust and pray that somehow the team will work than to lose the income, than to lose Suzie's income and that of her friends. Cause Suzie always talks some friends with her.

Ultimately it is better to let them go than to deal with that all year. Put Suzie on the team she wants and not the team she should be on and next thing you know she will want to know when is she going to tic toc....lol

:chestbump: I know how difficult it is to believe you have put together the best teams possible. To fret, fight, and constantly readjust team stunt group scenarios; to spend countless hours before and after tryouts losing sleep trying to do the best thing for the entire program and before the first practice they are ripped apart because people are not happy with their personal placements.

I get those coaches/programs that just give them what they want because they don't want that fight and don't want to lose that income. They would rather keep them in the program, readjust and pray that somehow the team will work than to lose the income, than to lose Suzie's income and that of her friends. Cause Suzie always talks some friends with her.

Ultimately it is better to let them go than to deal with that all year. Put Suzie on the team she wants and not the team she should be on and next thing you know she will want to know when is she going to tic toc....lol
Especially when giving in sets the precedent that you will....not only with everyone watching but with SM herself.

Just wait until her fit next year when now she's knows you'll cave. She'll be the one with the expectation that her 13 y/o with a janky tuck and shotgun heel stretch needs to be on a S5.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Especially when giving in sets the precedent that you will....not only with everyone watching but with SM herself.

Just wait until her fit next year when now she's knows you'll cave. She'll be the one with the expectation that her 13 y/o with a janky tuck and shotgun heel stretch needs to be on a S5.

What gets me is how many coaches think they can justify why they did it and everyone will be okay with it. No matter if you justify it, there will always be a few disgruntled people who will remember it, and use it against you later. usually when their child doesn't make the team they want. :confused: Once you open the floodgates you can't close them again without taking a big hit in your program. Old saying but true - start out the way you can hold out.

What gets me is how many coaches think they can justify why they did it and everyone will be okay with it. No matter if you justify it, there will always be a few disgruntled people who will remember it, and use it against you later. usually when their child doesn't make the team they want. :confused: Once you open the floodgates you can't close them again without taking a big hit in your program. Old saying but true - start out the way you can hold out.
Or even worse, you try to explain it or justify it and the people watching know its BS because they just don't want to deal with SM.

Ex: Susie is put on an age appropriate junior team. Mom FREAKS OUT (like has the coach in the corner for 40 minutes yelling) because that team practices on Sunday and how dare they cut into church time (SMs party line even though everyone knows its because she didn't want her on the team with "babies" - which btw were her kid's same age).

So, the next practice Susie is magically on the senior team (same level).....that also practices on Sunday....and mom is now perfectly content.

People don't forget that and it breeds SMs that understand the louder and crazier they are the more they can beat the coach into submission.

Coaches: don't set that precedent or you'll pay for it later. It's like feeding them after midnight AND dunking them in water!

We had our first night of tryouts last night, and I was laughing to myself at how many parents broke some of these commandments! Oy. :confused:

Or even worse, you try to explain it or justify it and the people watching know its BS because they just don't want to deal with SM.

Ex: Susie is put on an age appropriate junior team. Mom FREAKS OUT (like has the coach in the corner for 40 minutes yelling) because that team practices on Sunday and how dare they cut into church time (SMs party line even though everyone knows its because she didn't want her on the team with "babies" - which btw were her kid's same age).

So, the next practice Susie is magically on the senior team (same level).....that also practices on Sunday....and mom is now perfectly content.

People don't forget that and it breeds SMs that understand the louder and crazier they are the more they can beat the coach into submission.

Coaches: don't set that precedent or you'll pay for it later. It's like feeding them after midnight AND dunking them in water!

Exactly - I wonder if coaches who are parents do better at holding the line? Meaning you know as a parent the books all say don't give into the tantrum in the middle of the store because you know next time your child has just learned how big a fit to throw to get their way. Then you learn the hard way bevause you are living with the results. Same with SMs. Mind you I realize there are plenty of parents that give in on the tantrum bet quite a few are SMs themselves :)

Back