College Nationals Tryouts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 16, 2011
So I was just wondering when and how everyone does their selection for Nationals both UCA and NCA. And by selection I mean how your coaches pick the team that competes. Just something I've always been curious about!

Our nationals team for UCA was announced last week. 20 were selected but we'll stillmbe fighting for our spots on the mat until late November.

Our nationals team for UCA was announced last week. 20 were selected but we'll stillmbe fighting for our spots on the mat until late November.

Yea I feel it should always be that way, there should be no moment in which u feel safe on the matt, u should always feel like u have some one breathing down ur neck for ur spot. Last year for NCA we had a girl pulled out the week before Daytona and plugged in the other. It ended up working out.

It would give you anxiety just thinking about how late we wait to make final decisions on 1 or 2 people each year.
haha I've heard that about UofL. I don't know if this is fact or fiction but I heard people could even be switched out after prelims and have another compete in their spot for finals? Is that true?

For the UCA College Nationals, large coed teams tend to select their most experienced members for the competitive team. Usually, nine guys and seven girls are selected. Newcomers (mainly freshmen and first-year students) tend to serve as alternates due to their lack of experience (unless they come top top competitive high school teams).

haha I've heard that about UofL. I don't know if this is fact or fiction but I heard people could even be switched out after prelims and have another compete in their spot for finals? Is that true?
It happens. Some times you cant say no to one person when they are just as good as the other and work just as well with the team.

Latest posts

Back