College Nca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
Okay quick question. My NAIA team will be participating in NCA college nationals this year. I would like to know if we will compete on spring floor?

I've heard that the wood underneath the NCA stage gives a considerable amount of bounce, despite it being non spring floor. I've never performed on it though, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I've heard that the wood underneath the NCA stage gives a considerable amount of bounce, despite it being non spring floor. I've never performed on it though, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

No your right! Ive competed on it, to me its pretty much spring floor. Its super bouncy! But that's just the floor for finals.

Just on the bandshell because I believe it is wood under that but when they compete for prelims at the Ocean Center it is dead mat ontop of concrete.

Speaking form experience competing on the bandshell stage, I agree that stage does give a little more "bounce" but nothing like what an actual spring floor gives. And the prelims mat that is on the Ocean center concrete floor is the epitome of "unforgiving". The fact that we used to be allowed to throw doubles at NCA college is mind blowing to some of my younger kids that compete now.

FYI, the NAIA division at NCA nationals does prelims on the bandshell and finals in the ocean center (at least they did last year). The year before that I believe both prelims and nationals were in the ocean center.

FYI, the NAIA division at NCA nationals does prelims on the bandshell and finals in the ocean center (at least they did last year). The year before that I believe both prelims and nationals were in the ocean center.

The intermediate coed was like this too wasn't it? For some reason I feel like I remember watching a video of Weatherford on the Bandshell this past year.

The intermediate coed was like this too wasn't it? For some reason I feel like I remember watching a video of Weatherford on the Bandshell this past year.

Intermediate finals were definitely in Ocean Center last year. There were additional division, but I don't recall which ones.

Intermediate finals were definitely in Ocean Center last year. There were additional division, but I don't recall which ones.

I meant prelims. Intermediate Coed was on the Bandshell for prelims (not sure if the other divisions were).

Back