College NCA Staff 2022 Tryout

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 18, 2021
Hi! SO I am a little conflicted about what I should this year. I am 20 years old, a Teaching Assistant, a coach, and a college sophomore. This year was my first year coaching and I went to NCA Camp with my girls and it was amazing. While we were there a few of them scanned the staff and asked me why I wasn't an NCA Staffer. I laughed it off because I hadn't cheered for two years and I honesty thought they were joking! Until one of them turned around and said, " what's so funny Coach you'd perfect". It really moved me and I've known a few people from my cheer program make NCA Staff. It would be an absolute dream. And I feel like my resume proceeds me. I'm 20 and I'm already a coach, a Teaching Assistant while still being in college!

But I can't deny that I have not cheered for two years. With covid and everything I've been working out yeah but theres no workout like cheer you know! My jumps are level and I haven't tumbled in a while due to two back to back concussions. Should I hang u the cheer shoes or should I prove to my girls i can still do this ? I'm a great teacher, public speaker, I'm an amazing base I just don't know where I stand. Let me knkw what you think

Hi! I was a UCA staffer for almost 10 years. Examine why you want to do it. If you're looking to be in the cheerleading industry long term, it's a great way to make connections and have a fun summer job. It's grueling work and little pay, but the smile on a kids face when they hit their first stunt is priceless! If you just want to do it one summer to show yourself you can do it, that's valid too, but only you can decide if it's worth the time

Back